Which fighter has the greatest martial arts credentials?

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
My vote goes for Anderson Silva

BJJ Blackbelt
Black belt in Judo
5th Dan black belt in Taekwondo
We all know how good his Muay Thai and Boxing are
Also he's a yellow rope in Capoeira

Who else is even close to having these accomplishments?

Steven%20Seagal%20StevenSeagal3.jpg

I really believe that 5th Dan black belt in Taekwondo is extremely questionable. If you read his book, it doesn't say ANYTHING about getting that high, it says how he practiced it in his youth for 'many years' , but when he switched to Muaythai, he was still 'young' enough so that his friends who trained in muaythai did not allow Anderson to watch them train because he was too young. If he was indeed 5th Dan in Taekwondo, it must be one of the greatest Mcdojo ever. I once knew a kid who was 3rd Dan in Taekwondo when he was 8 years old, so I guess it might be possible, who knows.

And, I'm not so sure about that Judo either. HE does not EVEN MENTION about training in Judo in his book.

I really believe that 5th Dan black belt in Taekwondo is extremely questionable. If you read his book, it doesn't say ANYTHING about getting that high, it says how he practiced it in his youth for 'many years' , but when he switched to Muaythai, he was still 'young' enough so that his friends who trained in muaythai did not allow Anderson to watch them train because he was too young. If he was indeed 5th Dan in Taekwondo, it must be one of the greatest Mcdojo ever. I once knew a kid who was 3rd Dan in Taekwondo when he was 8 years old, so I guess it might be possible, who knows.

And, I'm not so sure about that Judo either. HE does not EVEN MENTION about training in Judo in his book.

TKD is dominated by McDojo's.

For me it's Fedor.

Only guy who really competed at high level at two different martial arts, Sambo and Judo. He has better credentials in Judo than most in MMA, and best Sambo credentials in MMA.

its depends how you look at it. someone that has done well at a few or someone has mastered one?

Yoon Dong Sik, Nastula, Nakamura, Yoshida and Ogawa for judo
Chael, Cormier, Coleman, Couture, Lindland and Randleman for wrestling

andersons wiki page lists him as like a black belt in everything, but seagal wins because hes also a FIGHTER and is a 7th degree in everything

8839721d9e6ddce7bc125e480824940d.fb42d848ac7e10246b17addc5fef7788.jpg

I'd like to see Michael Jai White in the ring.

Blackbelts in:

Kyokushin Karate
Shotokan Karate
ITF TKD
WTF TKD
Kobudo
Goju Ryu
Tang Soo Do

+ years of Wu-Shu Kung Fu

Anybody can go out and collect black belts. Furthermore, if you've got a Judo black belt you can get a BJJ black belt with relative ease, and vice versa. You can earn a karate black belt from a shady school in a matter of weeks, and the same thing goes for Tae Kwon Do.

Black Belt degrees often have more to do with politics/teaching/honor than any advancement in skill.

The only credentials that really matter when you're talking about world-class martial arts are competition awards. It doesn't matter if you're a 5th degree BJJ black belt if you can't perform on the mat.

8839721d9e6ddce7bc125e480824940d.fb42d848ac7e10246b17addc5fef7788.jpg

I'd like to see Michael Jai White in the ring.

Blackbelts in:

Kyokushin Karate
Shotokan Karate
ITF TKD
WTF TKD
Kobudo
Goju Ryu
Tang Soo Do

+ years of Wu-Shu Kung Fu

Dana's brother has a black belt in WTF TKD?!

Semmy schilt: Loads of mma, karate champ stuff and k1 king

Not at all... Not that I think there's anything special about a black belt anyway. There are too many crappy black belts out there.

sorry but it is bollocks. Itd be easier for a BJJ black belt to get a Judo one than vice versa but easy? No.

Back