Which fab 4 do you prefer?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
There have been two truly great fab 4s in the history of boxing, one in the 80s and the other in the early 2000s. Which do you prefer? There's no criteria here: maybe you prefer one group because you liked the fighters better, or maybe you prefer the other group because you enjoyed the actual fights more. In any case, which do you prefer.

80s fab 4
fabfour.jpg

Early 2000s fab 4
four.kings.300x300 (1).jpg.png

Based on quality of fights across all matchups they both deserve the title and picking one over the other makes me feel like a c*nt. Obviously the original is the more famous and first to come to mind, but both eras possessed high caliber draws who consistently delivered in their individual rights let alone the magic they made across the ring from other fab 4 distinguished rivals. And the type of intensity/drama that made all the fights that played out truly special were aspects shared by both eras.

Gun to my head, the Four Kings of the 80s, but I’d say « you’re sooo right » to anyone picking the other 4.

If you were alive to watch the 80s Fab 4 you wouldn't even be asking this question.

Last edited:
not remotely close

not so much fab 4 but Pac and the 3 other guys

There have been two truly great fab 4s in the history of boxing, one in the 80s and the other in the early 2000s. Which do you prefer? There's no criteria here: maybe you prefer one group because you liked the fighters better, or maybe you prefer the other group because you enjoyed the actual fights more. In any case, which do you prefer.

80s fab 4
View attachment 1016063

Early 2000s fab 4
View attachment 1016062
No doubt the 80s one

80s fab 4
View attachment 1016063

Early 2000s fab 4
View attachment 1016062

IMO, everyone in the hagler/hearns/duran/leonard fab4 beats everyone in the other fab4.

Back