Which division's last 5 championship fights are best?

Sweater of AV

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It's between BW and WSW imho.

BW: Hank-Cruz, Hank-Marlon, TJ-Cody II, TJ-Cody I, Cody-Cruz.
WSW: Weili-Joanna, Weili-Andrade, Andrade-Rose, Rose-Joanna II, Rose-Joanna I.

Might have to give WSW the nod.

FW and LW are up there as well.

Damn.

I'd have to go to wiki/fight finder to even come up with that info for any weight class.

Probably go BW considering 4 consecutive finishes and the one DEC was entertaining even if it wasn't highly competitive. SW is a very close second though. 3 exciting finishes, one being a dominant champ being dethroned and two entertaining DEC's.

MW. Yoel v Whitakker fights, Izzy v Gastelum, Izzy v Whittaker(depends on if quick KO's make fight better or not?). Izzy v Romero wasn't the best fight but first instinct is to go with MW.

Other one I'm thinking is 135, Moraes v Henry was really good then you had a few Cody fights in there which are always fun.

Looking at the other divisions title fights haven't been all that great lately. No other divisions got 2 of the last 5 that were great(don't watch WMMA outside of 135 have no idea).

Tell the truth.

Pu0rV3B.gif

col-nrj1_edit.jpg

Truth is title fights are a mixed bag. They can be really exciting or somewhat boring decision fights. Anything below featherweight is automatically disqualified now that Conor left the division. Not exciting enough.

im gonna take lightweight since Conor always delivers. Mw would be the second most exciting. All the other divisions are hit and miss.

You think you’re cool with triple C like that to call him Hank? You must be another overgrown midget

I like LHW & LW.

Jones - Reyes
Jones - Thiago
Jones - Gus
Cormier - Volkan
Cormier - Jones

LW is epic

Khabib - Poirier
Poirier - Holloway [interim]
Khabib - Conor
Khabib - Iaquinta
Tony - FKL [interim]

Throw in Gaejthes recent interim title win over Ferguson and before that you have Conor vs. Alvarez. Lightweight has delivered classics in the last 7 or so title fights.

Just to toss a fresh one out how bout hw... stipe vs dc 2x's, dc vs lewis, stipe vs ngannou and jds... prob not the best but if you like the big boys it's not hateful.

It's between BW and WSW imho.

BW: Hank-Cruz, Hank-Marlon, TJ-Cody II, TJ-Cody I, Cody-Cruz.
WSW: Weili-Joanna, Weili-Andrade, Andrade-Rose, Rose-Joanna II, Rose-Joanna I.

Might have to give WSW the nod.

FW and LW are up there as well.
WSW last 5 arent even interesting outside the weili fights

BW easily. Dillashaw and Garbrandt fights are always a fun time, especially against each other, and double especially at that time with the rivalry and unknowns about how their styles would fare against each other. I've also been really digging seeing Cejudo fight at BW.

MW next place. Romero v Adesamya sucked donkey balls, buy Whitaker vs Romero 1 and 2 aswell as GSP v Bisping are strong fights. Technically Gastelum v Adesanya would knock GSP off the list if you include interims, but that was a foty contender.

WSW was the first one that jumped in my mind when I saw the thread title. BW is a good call too. Either is a pretty good answer.

Back