Which decade has the best "High School" movies?

80’s has the obvious classics, but if you go from 1999-2010 there are some strong films.

10 Things I Hate About You
She’s All That
Mean Girls
Superbad
Ghost World
American Pie
Bring it On
Juno
The Virgin Suicides
Napoleon Dynamite

1999-2000 also had Freaks and Geeks, which is a show, but probably the best high school TV show ever.

Which decade do you think has the best high school movies? I'm watching the Breakfast Club right now for the first time.

Mormon? They should do this with a muslim.
{<jordan}

Those ten plus...

Teen Wolf
Better Off Dead
Three O'Clock High
The Heavenly Kid
Can't Buy Me Love
Stand and Deliver
Lean on Me
Back to the Future
Summer School
Vision Quest
My Bodyguard
etc.
Don't forget "3 O' clock High"

I think the current batch of movies have been the best. Haha, j/k. The 80's.

The 80s, 100%.

There's just too many solid gold coming of age 80s teen movies for it to be topped.

That's like asking which type of food is giving the best diarrhea.

Last edited:
Probably the 70s and 80s. As generation curves go, you had a lot of teens going to high school then. Hollywood looked to cash in on that I'm guessing.

80s easily, but I'm guessing the 90s would come second.

80s by a country mile. Used to have Heathers and Just One of the Guys on constant rotation as a kid.

80's, and nobody can argue that it is even close. Then the 90's for the nice mix of raunchiness and good soundtracks.

80s. Hell, Dead Poets Society hasn't even been mentioned. 70s and 90s are also great.

Those ten plus...

Teen Wolf
Better Off Dead
Three O'Clock High
The Heavenly Kid
Can't Buy Me Love
Stand and Deliver
Lean on Me
Back to the Future
Summer School
Vision Quest
My Bodyguard
etc.
yes. That jpeg was posted because it was the only google mage I can find that's able to fit in as many 80s teen. But yes I saw every one of them including the movies you posted with the exclusion of My Bodyguard. I would also fit Heathers in there

Last edited:
Back