Which current champion would fare worst against their divisional GOAT?

Most lopsided matchup?

• Jones vs Fedor

• Jiri/Poatan vs Jones

• Sean vs Spider

• Leon vs GSP

• Islam vs Khabib

• Volk vs Aldo

• Suga vs Cruz

• Pantoja vs DJ

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bisping arguably lost to a completely washed up Silva.

You might as well tell us Belfort punches out prime Mike Tyson cause he beat Holyfield.
Love Silva, but styles make fighters. As unpopular of an opinion that it is, Sean beats Silva imo because of his defense. I was told the same thing when I predicted that Sean would beat Izzy btw.

As unpopular of an opinion that it is, Sean beats Silva imo because of his defense.
Love Silva, but styles make fighters. As unpopular of an opinion that it is, Sean beats Silva imo because of his defense. I was told the same thing when I predicted that Sean would beat Izzy btw.

well, you can always have an opinion, but what was whack was to use bisping as an example to justify how sean could beat a washed up, should have already been retired at that point silva

Prime LHW Jones vs Hill or Yori would be humiliating. Prime DJ dispatches Pantoja and makes it look so easy nobody would even appreciate it. Tough call between those two. Anything else is gibberish I don’t agree with

Prime Jones would absolutely brutalize Jiri and Poatan on the ground. I wouldn't expect either fight to make it past the first round. And I'm a Jones hater.

Fedor was #1 for almost a decade, that solidifies him.

My thing is the belief that the next gen might've been better. Not skills or toughness but they could fight and were a solid 240-265 pounds. Then also Fedor started losing. So hard to draw the line.

My thing is the belief that the next gen might've been better. Not skills or toughness but they could fight and were a solid 240-265 pounds. Then also Fedor started losing. So hard to draw the line.

The only ones that are tough to call would be Werdum and maybe, maybe DC

Fedor hit like a Mac truck he KOs Cain and likely brutalized JDS like Cain did. Likely KOs Stipe and Reem

I don't think Pantoja could beat MM today, let alone in his prime. I think that's easily the biggest mismatch.

GSP vs Edwards is likely an easy win for GSP. Edwards could pull off an Usman like Condit nearly did against GSP but I see him being mauled on the ground and jabbed to death at a distance.

I wanted to say Jones would beat Jiri/Poatan but did have second thoughts when thinking about how Jiri destroyed Reyes who was robbed out of a victory over Jones. MMA math is iffy though. I think Jiri is plenty good on the ground and is a better striker with just as much creativity as Jones so I think that would be a great fight. Jiri's biggest weakness is being hittable and I don't see Jones as a power striker who's likely to sleep him. Still Jiri was taken to deep waters by Glover and conversely we all know how Jones handled him. Poatan may get wrestle fucked but if not he's always dangerous and we've seen with Gus and Thiago Silva, Jones can be threatened by great strikers who can keep the fight standing. Even against DC who has excellent hand speed he was challenged in boxing exchanges. Jones is the favourite given his toolset but he's got an Achilles heel that both could possibly exploit in striking exchanges even if it's a rather small weakness.

Silva likely wins with style but Stricklands defense is quite good and it might be a trickier fight than one would guess, just ask Adesanya. In saying that Silva to me is vastly superior to Adesanya and I never understood any talk that suggested otherwise. I also don't think Strickland is ever going to be as dumb as he was in the Poatan fight again. He learned that lesson. In saying that Silva would be my pick quite easily.

The fight I'd most want to watch is easily Volk vs prime Aldo. Aldo's prime ended in the Mendes fight IMO as a war like that changes you, as does fighting the best of the best for that long. Both Mendes and Aldo were never the same after that one. It's not talked about lots but thats for my money one of the greatest fights in UFC history. So although Volk had a win over Aldo he IMO never fought a prime Aldo.

I agree that styles makes lights, and I was also less shocked than most that Strickland pulled it off.

That said, this narrative that Anderson Silva is somehow the same fighter as Israel Adesanya is kind of silly. Yes, there are some similarities, but they are also very different. Prime Anderson was on another level, hell even a completely washed up version took a round off Izzy.

Back