Which Champion seems the most INVULNERABLE?

GSP. If he beats Hendricks he will retire as the GOAT.

I voted GSP buuuut remember the curse of the poster!
jbzgvS583lAAa6.jpg

GSP imo...

I don't understand why 20 votes for Aldo... I think Chad Mendes has good chance at beating him...

GSP and Aldo both showed weakness. Barao is unstoppable. Cruz has no chance against Barao.

Barao I can't see anyone beating him! I would have said GSP but I'm not sure if he will get past Hendricks.

Voted barao but if Cain was at a lower weight class id have to go for him. Hw champs are never close to invunreable IMO.

Gotta go with GSP here. Strength of schedule is second to none and he completely mitigates his opponents strengths.

He out strikes the strikers, out wrestles the wrestlers etc. No one does that like him.

GSP.

Hendricks poses a legit but very limited threat and beyond that GSP just outclasses everyone, everywhere.

St-Pierre. He's just too intelligent (fight IQ), too well-prepared, trains ridiculously hard and with the very best in the world, is always in shape, and always seems to have an answer since he became the 2x WW champ (obliterating Serra in their rematch and exacting sweet revenge). That Condit head kick was perfectly timed and caught GSP out of position as he was hopping back. All that it did, however, was catch him off balance. If you doubt this fact then watch the fight again, at that moment, or the GIF and see for yourself. GSP wasn't rocked, he had his eyes on Condit the entire time he was falling (again, caught off balance) and was able to defend the follow-up finish attempt immediately and successfully. GSP has had just that one close call since he lost to Serra way back in April of 2007.

As was already pointed out, GSP's strength of schedule also trumps the others and give or take one or two guys over the years he's been fighting the absolute best in his division.

aldo. he has tough comp but i dont see anyone beating him in fw. should have been jones but there's gus

Jones's stock is criminally low on Sherdog, I see. Pre Gus Jones would've won this poll imo.

Currently, I think it's gotta be GSP, Barao, or MM. I know Aldo is another contender for this "most dominant" honorary title, but imo he has looked rather drained and even old recently. His performance against KZ was not quite like what GSP, Barao, and MM displayed against their last opponents, so I'd put him beneath them.

Last edited:
probably Barao. If you look at possible contenders down the line, he looks like he's a step ahead of everyone.

Aldo or Barao, take your pick. Cruz too actually, he and Renan need to fight already.

Jones's stock is criminally low on Sherdog, I see. Pre Gus Jones would've won this poll imo.

Jon's fight against a MW in Vitor Belfort and getting caught in that armbar (causing bicep damage) and so close to potentially being defeated (Vitor heard the elbow pop and let go, by his own admission) didn't help his stock either. This was before he fought Gus, obviously, so he's had close calls by now and arguably just lost his last fight to Gustafsson. If you look at GSP and Barao, for instance, they've not had to go to war with guys because they simply outclass them and make it look pretty easy doing so (GSP especially). GSP may not finish guys nowadays but he's still controlling them easily and doing whatever the hell he wants in "his" fights. He dictates the pace and where he wants it, when he wants it.

Back