Where's the love for Pork Rinds/skins/scratchings?!

Toothlessjoe

INFOWARS STORE.COM
@Green
Reaction score
Why no talk of these? They're dirt cheap (like 40p per 50g packet). And here's the info on them:

Approximate Amount Per 100g Serving:

Calories: 607
from Fat: 411

Total Fat: 45.7g
from Saturates: 16.8g
Protein: 48.6g
Total Carbohydrates: 1.6g
Sodium: 1.5g

I know some people are real big on how much salt they take in, but still, I don't think it's really that much. I think people really overplay the salt thing. So, why don't more people rave about these?

The issue with them tends to be the fat content, and as you said, the sodium content. We all know that fat is good in our diets, especially training intense regimens, yet the fat in pork rinds isn't the good kind.

Doctors are still out on saturated fats, most say they are bad, some are starting to say they have their place. One way or another, that much fat and sodium isn't great for you. Its like asking why people don't rave about the skin on fried chicken.

In moderation, pork rinds can be better then your basic fried chips. At the same time, there are better places to spend your caloric intake.

those things are effing disgusting, and no matter how you slice it, 1500mg of salt per serving (which usually = 1/5 a real world serving) is not exactly negligible.

The issue with them tends to be the fat content, and as you said, the sodium content. We all know that fat is good in our diets, especially training intense regimens, yet the fat in pork rinds isn't the good kind.

Doctors are still out on saturated fats, most say they are bad, some are starting to say they have their place. One way or another, that much fat and sodium isn't great for you. Its like asking why people don't rave about the skin on fried chicken.

In moderation, pork rinds can be better then your basic fried chips. At the same time, there are better places to spend your caloric intake.

Fat is not your enemy. The only thing that you need to be worried about when it comes to fats is keeping the right Omega6:Omega3 fat balance. Ideally it should be 1:1. When you take in more omega 6 fats thats when the trouble starts.

I'm pretty sure that there have been threads about pork rinds in the past.

The issue isn't fat or sodium, it's that the "protein" is of terrible quality. Search, we've discussed this before.

Back