Where's the Hype for EA UFC 2?

JeffertonAlive

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This Game drops in less than a month and there's not even a sticky thread on a MMA Website
in a Video Game Sub-Forum.
I have the Beta and I know it looks similar to the first game but everyone will enjoy it much better than it's predecessor.

I for one can't wait till it drops

i'll buy it, me and lad play this game a bit but i think the big let down has always been the career mode

i play some games online, but not the UFC games so for me, the career mode needs to be a lot better to keep me interested, me and my lad basically play the last one as a kickboxing game and takedowns and clinches are considered 'dirty' fighting

i've not actually watched any of the trailers or anything, they just make shit up to think your getting a different game, it will just be minor tweaks i imagine like most EA games are each year

i'll buy it, me and lad play this game a bit but i think the big let down has always been the career mode

i play some games online, but not the UFC games so for me, the career mode needs to be a lot better to keep me interested, me and my lad basically play the last one as a kickboxing game and takedowns and clinches are considered 'dirty' fighting

i've not actually watched any of the trailers or anything, they just make shit up to think your getting a different game, it will just be minor tweaks i imagine like most EA games are each year
Well you and your Lad should like the new Knockout Mode. Also there's been a lot of changes in this one .
Even more to do offline with Event Mode and Ultimate Team mode is tons of fun too.
And it's for Online or Offline

People love to hate EA, that's why there's no hype.

I'm pumped as fuck, personally. Even if the game ends up being mediocre I will still put hundreds of hours into it. Gotta get my MMA fix.

I don't know if it ever really got fixed but the first EA UFC was garbage when it came out

I'm pumped as fuck, personally. Even if the game ends up being mediocre I will still put hundreds of hours into it. Gotta get my MMA fix.
It's not like people mindlessly hate EA though. They rush games and regularly release them unfinished and require months of patches just to get to where it should have been. They basically release them in beta form, and probably cut planned content to make the timeline. I don't really buy from them anymore, they have been consistently ruining their IPs for a while now with no indication that it's going to change

People don't love to hate EA, we'd love to love EA.

They've given us a reason to like them, some of us loved them.

But then they gave us a reason to dislike them.

And they gave us another reason to dislike them.

It's not like they're not aware of the issues we bring up, our concerns are ignored, while acting like they're being given the upmost respect toward.

So, they're giving us a reason to hate EA.

Then they give us another reason to hate EA.

And another reason to hate EA, after that.

So, Fuck EA.

Part of it is I think a fair amount of us got fucked on the BETA codes. Never received mine.

This Game drops in less than a month and there's not even a sticky thread on a MMA Website
in a Video Game Sub-Forum.
I have the Beta and I know it looks similar to the first game but everyone will enjoy it much better than it's predecessor.

I for one can't wait till it drops

EA UFC 1 is the reason.

A lot of people got robbed on the beta codes, they've been pretty spotty with the news, the videos they have dropped have been short and gimmicky, and the first game was a huge let down when it dropped.

You'd have to expect some caution going into this release.

People don't love to hate EA, we'd love to love EA.

They've given us a reason to like them, some of us loved them.

But then they gave us a reason to dislike them.

And they gave us another reason to dislike them.

It's not like they're not aware of the issues we bring up, our concerns are ignored, while acting like they're being given the upmost respect toward.

So, they're giving us a reason to hate EA.

Then they give us another reason to hate EA.

And another reason to hate EA, after that.

So, Fuck EA.
It's not like people mindlessly hate EA though. They rush games and regularly release them unfinished and require months of patches just to get to where it should have been. They basically release them in beta form, and probably cut planned content to make the timeline. I don't really buy from them anymore, they have been consistently ruining their IPs for a while now with no indication that it's going to change

I agree with you guys, I didn't mean to come off like I was defending them. EA blows goats

I got the Beta late and was bitter hell until i got it 3 days late . But I'm honestly having a ton of Fun right now in practice.

If they fix some of the problems in beta like stamina and stopping power this could be the best MMA Game to date.(minus Undisputed 3 with Pride and Open-Weight Glitch)

I'm pretty psyched. I hope they give great support like they did with the first game.

Something weird is going on over there. They've been real silent after the beta dropped. What little news they put out is basically the same trailer recycled. I wouldn't be surprised if this was delayed

I thought the support was dogshit on the first one TBH

Really? I mean they added a lot of free fighters and new moves such as finish the fight and catching kicks. Totally different game from when it launched.

Really? I mean they added a lot of free fighters and new moves such as finish the fight and catching kicks. Totally different game from when it launched.
In that sense, yeah they were pretty cool. I was more referring to the comolete lack of any online functionality. Every single time I tried to play that game online I got the same error message followed by the crashing of the application. I even spent hours on the phone with EA and they couldn't do shit for me.

Its been the only game that I've paid $60 for brand new and it simply DOESN'T WORK. WTF

In the toilet, where EA UFC left it.

Hype must be earned.

I was more referring to the comolete lack of any online functionality.

Are you sure you aren't talking about every THQ game? I never heard a single problem with EA UFC's online functionality from anyone, it ran flawlessly online from my experience and that of most people. Which it had to, because the single player was pretty much non existent.

Are you sure you aren't talking about every THQ game? I never heard a single problem with EA UFC's online functionality from anyone, it ran flawlessly online from my experience and that of most people. Which it had to, because the single player was pretty much non existent.
Well now you've heard. Broken in the most literal sense of the word. EA told me to call my ISP and ask about getting a different router port. They had no idea wtf I was talking about. I even changed Playstations during the course of me owning the game and it does the same thing on both systems.

I've seen those UFC tournament threads that you and some other guys participate in, they sounded fun as shit. I tried to join multiple times actually but you guys had to kick me from the lineup because I couldn't even play. You guys probably assumed I was ducking because I had talked a fair amount of shit beforehand too lol.

Back