where would you train if you were going to so cal.

F

farmer

In a few months I'm taking my daughter to disneyland. I'm staying there for a week and I wanted to find a place to train and hopefully I can take some private lessons from someone. We are going to disneyland for one day and the rest of the days she wants to go somewhere where there is a beach.

So my question is if you were going to that area for a week where would you train and who would you get private lessons from?

I don't know much about Cali.... But San Diago :icon_chee is southern Cali right?

Well Idk if it's near many beaches, but if I were anywhere NEAR that area I'd be goin to Jiu Jitsu University

If you are by Disneyland go To Gracie Barra or CSW. Most of the gyms in that area are pretty good.

Well, there's 10th planet in LA, and also Legends. And that's just Los Angeles.

Rob Lovi's down in SD as well, along with every other black belt on the planet it seems.

LOL @ guys with no knowledge of socal geography giving you advice of places to train that are hours away (in traffic).

Stay in OC to avoid the traffic.
Tons of people to train with:

Erik Paulson
Gracie Barra
Tinguinha
Checkmat
Ralph Gracie OC
etc

Sounds like you will be in Orange County, CA specifically. I live in the OC and if I were traveling here I would visit:

1) Ralph Gracie OC (Anaheim, CA)... Close to Disneyland
2) Cleber JiuJitsu (Huntington Beach, CA)... Close to the Beach
3) Tinguinha BJJ (Yorba Linda, CA)... A little further out but they have tough guys and good instruction

Very good gyms in my opinion. Good luck and let us know where you end up training! Feel free to PM me if you want to stop by Ralph Gracie OC.

The Gracie Academy in Torrance. Youre close enough...

If you want to come by Ralph Gracie OC ill be sure you get a good experience out of it too! What is your experience level with grappling?

If you want to come by Ralph Gracie OC ill be sure you get a good experience out of it too! What is your experience level with grappling?

hey thanks for the offer. I'm thinking about going over there. I'll let you know if I do. As far as my experience goes, I have been grappling on and off for about 12 years. There's been times where I was off for a couple of years at a time because of a shoulder surgery and other things like that. 90% of my training has been no gi and I want to start training more with the gi.

There's so many legit gyms to go to. Since you are on a vacation, my question would be, what beach would you prefer to go to and then we can better point you to a location not too far from your vacation destination.

Back