Where would you rather live: Gotham City or the City of Metropolis

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
If you were given the choice of either living in Gotham or Metropolis, which would you choose?

batman___arkham_origins__newgotham_rooftops_by_inetgrafx-d6ttsfp.jpg

vs.

4686761-4524878-6978907116-38597.jpg

Not the Metropolis of Man of Steel, that's for damned sure.

2ah8wzm.jpg

Gotham, please.

Last edited:
It looks like gotham always rains and is cloudy. Plus rarely any sunlight.

Metro for me

Gotham is always having issues.

Metropolis too.

Can I just chill in Smallville?

metropolis

gotham is dark and has a bunch of criminal scum. metropolis only has megalomaniacs and high tech criminals with the occasional aliens

Metropolis for sure. For one thing it has a living god as a defender, not a severely overworked dude. Also, villains there seem more preoccupied with trying to kill Superman. In gotham there's just a ton of crime in general and nobody is safe.

Gotham

Metropolis looks uber boring.
Boring is good if you're just a normal human. I'm not tryin to live somewhere that the fucking Joker calls home. So many of Batman's rogues gallery are organized crime figures or serial killers or BOTH. I bet the mortality rate trying to go out and get lunch is like 35% screw that.

And the only help you have is a dude too stubborn to take any help from the freaking Justice league. Doesn't mesh with the rest of Batman's character imo. Anyone that cares that much about people dying would either take outside help, or he'd have become Iron Man by now. No way he has all that tech but then runs around getting in fist fights with all that money. He should at least have a robot army or something. Dude fights crime literally the dumbest way possible.

Gotham because it is more like old NYC before the Hipsters, yuppies, and trustafarians and all the other wannabes moved here.

Metropolis seems nice too, but I think a city should have some grit.

Gotham has a prime Katie Holmes so I'll take that please

Metropolis. As mentioned, Gotham is always described as a shit hole.

In the Man of Steel Universe Gotham and Metropolis are like an east coast Oakland and San Francisco in that they are separated by a bay , another popular sentiment is that Metropolis is New York City by Day, and Gotham like New York City by night

In the Man of Steel Universe Gotham and Metropolis are like an east coast Oakland and San Francisco in that they are separated by a bay , another popular sentiment is that Metropolis is New York City by Day, and Gotham like New York City by night

Pretty much this. I remember an interview in which they compared Metropolis as Manhattan between 32nd and 86th on a spring day in 1964 with Gotham as the Whittier part of Brooklyn during an El Niño year in the late 70s.
Although, supposedly, Metropolis was originally based on Toronto.

Gotham I can operate a gang rape team pussy for days.. And Batman is a can.

I will have more trouble dealing with superman.

Gotham is grimey as Fvck and it is the perfect environment to expand my criminal organization of non-meta-humans

Gotham City is a crime filled dirt hole.

This. They depict it as the worst place to live ever. Superman's city seems cleaner and nicer and less dangerous, or maybe the villains focus more on Super man directly.

Seems like all Batman's villains piss him off by fucking with Gotham.

Gotham City is a filthy cesspool of homicidal freaks and maniacs. Metropolis is actually a nice city. No contest here.

Back