• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where would you rate Usyk in the top 10 of all time Heavyweight boxers.

number 2 under Mike Tyson

nowhere near the top 10, and he doesnt have time or the competition to get into it either

These all time lists suck, how you gonna look at a guy like Usyk and say he don’t rank high? These debates are garbage when it gets to the point you gotta deride the best in boxing currently and talk about number of heavyweight fights and longevity when the latest to lock down all the big titles at once rates based on kicking the door in and not wasting a minute taking over the division.

I get the criteria for it. It’s just stupid.

These all time lists suck, how you gonna look at a guy like Usyk and say he don’t rank high? These debates are garbage when it gets to the point you gotta deride the best in boxing currently and talk about number of heavyweight fights and longevity when the latest to lock down all the big titles at once rates based on kicking the door in and not wasting a minute taking over the division.

I get the criteria for it. It’s just stupid.
Well these are all-time divisional rankings at heavyweight. The guys that feature in the Top 10 fought their entire careers at the weight or the majority of it. Some of them fought across several decades and put in a lot of work. Usyk just beat the two best heavyweights of his era but he still only has 6 fights there. You need a much larger body of work (some actual depth) to rate that highly all-time in the division.

If we were talking about all-time cruiserweight rankings or overall P4P then that's a different story. Usyk would rate highly in both.

Well these are all-time divisional rankings at heavyweight. The guys that feature in the Top 10 fought their entire careers at the weight or the majority of it. Some of them fought across several decades and put in a lot of work. Usyk just beat the two best heavyweights of his era but he still only has 6 fights there. You need a much larger body of work (some actual depth) to rate that highly all-time in the division.

If we were talking about all-time cruiserweight rankings or overall P4P then that's a different story. Usyk would rate highly in both.
I guess it’s not that stupid, just seemed like some were quick to scoff at the idea, and it makes sense. You’re right he ranks in P4P and head to head fantasy matchups i think.

@Kovalev's "Man Bag"

What are the undisputed HW champions that have never been dropped in their pro careers? I would suppose it's a small list in which Usyk takes a place as well.

@Kovalev's "Man Bag"

What are the undisputed HW champions that have never been dropped in their pro careers? I would suppose it's a small list in which Usyk takes a place as well.
Not sure but it would be a short list. Off the top of my head I can't name any others. It's not all that fair of a comparison though. Usyk has only had 22 professional fights even if a dozen were world title bouts. That's less occasions for it to happen.

Not sure but it would be a short list. Off the top of my head I can't name any others. It's not all that fair of a comparison though. Usyk has only had 22 professional fights even if a dozen were world title bouts. That's less occasions for it to happen.

Not that fair, but he might very well be holding that record as I too can't recall another champion who can claim that. And it's not like he hasn't fought the biggest punchers available in the two heaviest weight classes of this era. In 11 fights from the last 13 he has faced five champions (four of them undefeated on fight time) and six no.1 contenders.

Btw since I know you have great boxing knowledge and memory, who would be someone that earned his undisputed title at HW quicker than fight number 22?

who would be someone that earned his undisputed title at HW quicker than fight number 22?
I don’t like where this thread is going.

“He became undisputed with ONLY this amount of fights” shouldn’t be an argument because it glorifies fighters who fight once a year as opposed to once a month.

Think about this:
- Usyk became undisputed at HW in the span of 5 years with 7 fights.
- Tyson became undisputed at HW in the span of 2 years with 31 fights.

Sure, it only took Usyk 7 fights to achieve what Tyson did in 31 fights but how is going 7-0 in 5 years more impressive than going 31-0 in 2 years?

I don’t like where this thread is going.

“He became undisputed with ONLY this amount of fights” shouldn’t be an argument because it glorifies fighters who fight once a year as opposed to once a month.

Think about this:
- Usyk became undisputed at HW in the span of 5 years with 7 fights.
- Tyson became undisputed at HW in the span of 2 years with 31 fights.

Sure, it only took Usyk 7 fights to achieve what Tyson did in 31 fights but how is going 7-0 in 5 years more impressive than going 31-0 in 2 years?

I am not saying Usyk is higher than Tyson or any other all time great. My first post was against it. I was legit interested on purely the statistical aspect alone. Although the not being knocked down thing is a merit and accomplishment even in his volume of fights considering the heavy punchers he has faced.

Not that fair, but he might very well be holding that record as I too can't recall another champion who can claim that. And it's not like he hasn't fought the biggest punchers available in the two heaviest weight classes of this era. In 11 fights from the last 13 he has faced five champions (four of them undefeated on fight time) and six no.1 contenders.

Btw since I know you have great boxing knowledge and memory, who would be someone that earned his undisputed title at HW quicker than fight number 22?
True. Instead of going by number of fights you could also go by number of rounds boxed. So far Usyk's boxed 189 rounds.

To answer your question it's Leon Spinks. It only took him a total of 8 professional fights when he beat Ali in 1978 to become undisputed heavyweight champ. Granted this was in the two-belt era (WBA + WBC) and we're in the four now.

@Badr Hari

You're correct about that. Usyk is the only undisputed heavyweight champ to have never been knocked down in his pro career (officially). Just verified it. Gene Tunney is the next closest having only been dropped once in his pro career.

List of undisputed world heavyweight boxing champions

Oh must be the famous long count.

Quite an achievement for Usyk if he manages to keep it in tact. Not an easy task considering his age and upcoming schedule.

Oh must be the famous long count.

Quite an achievement for Usyk if he manages to keep it in tact. Not an easy task considering his age and upcoming schedule.
Yep it was indeed the Long Count fight. It's an impressive achievement considering the punchers Usyk has been in with regardless of his limited number of pro fights. Agreed. It will become tougher to hold onto going forward like you said.

Yep it was indeed the Long Count fight. It's an impressive achievement considering the punchers Usyk has been in with regardless of his limited number of pro fights. Agreed. It will become tougher to hold onto going forward like you said.

He fought Gassiev and Briedis in their primes. Both one punch highlight reel KO producers. Fought Joshua twice who is IMO one of the biggest punchers ever. Dubois another huge puncher. Fury in the sixth round hit him with the right uppercut that put Dillian Whyte to sleep. And in all the other fights mentioned it's not like he hasn't been hit clean. His chin has withstood the test as has his defensive capability so far. (For both of which I remember a lot of posters here were very skeptical after the Chisora fight)

He fought Gassiev and Briedis in their primes. Both one punch highlight reel KO producers. Fought Joshua twice who is IMO one of the biggest punchers ever. Dubois another huge puncher. Fury in the sixth round hit him with the right uppercut that put Dillian Whyte to sleep. And in all the other fights mentioned it's not like he hasn't been hit clean. His chin has withstood the test as has his defensive capability so far. (For both of which I remember a lot of posters here were very skeptical after the Chisora fight)
Usyk's chin is granite. Speaking of the Chisora fight Usyk came out recently and said that he hit him the hardest. It's almost always the guys you'd never expect and not those with a reputation for being a big puncher.

Usyk's chin is granite. Speaking of the Chisora fight Usyk came out recently and said that he hit him the hardest. It's almost always the guys you'd never expect and not those with a reputation for being a big puncher.

Chisora perpared the entire pandemic for that fight, was very motivated. As a fan of Usyk I was pleased with the performance but many people who only see boxrec records were shitting on him. I listened to Don Turner and his take on what he saw. He said Usyk had looked exactly what he expected to look like (which was everything okay in his eyes) and predicted what happened on May 18th almost four years ago.

Chisora perpared the entire pandemic for that fight, was very motivated. As a fan of Usyk I was pleased with the performance but many people who only see boxrec records were shitting on him. I listened to Don Turner and his take on what he saw. He said Usyk had looked exactly what he expected to look like (which was everything okay in his eyes) and predicted what happened on May 18th almost four years ago.
Not to take any credit away from Chisora but Usyk only had 1 heavyweight fight under his belt at the time. He was still acclimating to the division and later added a few extra pounds. That said Chisora has the kind of rough & tumble style that will trouble technicians that do clean work like Usyk and he was almost 40 lbs heavier. He fought well.

Last edited:
He wouldn't make my top 25, much less top 10
He wouldn't make my top 25, much less top 10
It is normal. Combat sport fans are tribal and nationalists, also race biased. When you will be an undisputed after fight on foteign soil, you will have moral value to judge Usyk. Doesn't matter were you No10 or No 2000 in your life.

Back