Where to train in the Truro area?

Big Dog 32

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to move to the Truro, NS area sometime within the next year. I am tying to find a place to train MMA in the area the only place I can find is Gracie Barra NS. I was just wondering if there are any other places or if someone from out that way could rate the places they know of for me. Thanks for your help.

Hey man, I live in the city (halifax) and Im not sure of any places in truro. If you ever move to the city we have a decent selection to choose from. Good Luck finding a place to train.

Jake MacKenzie is from Truro and I hear he will be back for a visit in September. Try to get some privates.

If you find something worthwhile PLEASE let me know. I am having the same trouble. I was in Edmonton before and have hit a wall trying to find a decent club.
[email protected]

I hear ya on not finding a place in Edmonton...I live in Truro and go to Gracie Barra. The trainers name is Chris Hughes and he is a brown belt. I would recommend it if you are looking to work on your ground game but he doesnt do a whole lot of stand up in there.

Hey guys,

My name is Dan. I am a Purple Belt INSTRUCTOR at Marmac Athletics in Truro, NS. Scott Nauss is also a purple Belt Instructor in Truro, NS.

We are graded by Kevin Taylor and Peter Martell who own Team Titans MMA/BJJ HFX. Kevin and Peter are the 1st RENZO GRACIE Black belts in Canada. They received their Black belts in 2008. Team Titans is less than hour away in halifax so we often make road trips to train here!!!

Jaret MacIntosh (Renzo Gracie Brown Belt Judo Black belt), Jon Gale (Gracie Brown Belt belt) and Mike Kitson (Purple belt / Judo Black Belt) all teach regularly in Truro. NS.

Micky Marshall is a World medalist and National Champion in Kickboxing. He owns and teaches.

We have compete in BJJ tournaments as well as kickboxing and MMA matches. I just had a few MMA fights (the fall 2012). Josh Presley (purple Belt) and othe rlocal teammates have medalled in some big IBJJF events. When Jacob MacKenzie (WORLD BJJ Black Belt Champion is home in Truro NS, he comes and trains with us. we are a small town but we love to compete....what else is there to do around here anyway? haha

We train hard BUT we also have lots of fun! All are welcome regardless of age, size, experience, or intention. Whether you want to compete, have fun, learn, self-defense, or lose weight, we would love to see you!

Hope some of you come out to start training today!

Thanks
Dan

Marmac Athletics
36 Inglis Place
Truro, NS
on you tube at techNACITY bjj

Last edited:
Back