• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where is Zabit Magomedsharipov?

I remember him having an autoimmune issue that had put him on the shelf.

Not sure about the rest of the things in this thread sir.

I remember when people used to talk about Zabit being a future GOAT, just like they are with Khamzat right now. I believe that he and Khamzat are very similar with regards to their styles, but I think Zabit had a higher ceiling because of his great striking. His ground game was elite though. It's such a tragedy that he isn't fighting in the UFC right now.

zabit-ufc.gif

tumblr_p6uj92l2QE1rofocqo3_500.gifv
He's training in Magomedov-Land with other Magomedovs.

It’s been too long now. He’d have to start from the top 15 again

There hasn't been any announcement, and there was a tease of some sort a while back that he might be coming back. Hence the incessant "donde esta" questions
I think he posted something at Instagram about return in February or March and in reality at that date he ”returned” like a judge at event or just attended event.
And I think this year his Dagestani coach said that he is a businessman and doesn’t care about fighting/doesn’t want/need to return.

I think he posted something at Instagram about return in February or March and in reality at that date he ”returned” like a judge at event or just attended event.
And I think this year his Dagestani coach said that he is a businessman and doesn’t care about fighting/doesn’t want/need to return.
Seriously? Fakkk

Seriously? Fakkk
I am wrong. It was Timur Valiev who said this words about business and was like “he has a clothes line why should he receive punches to the face?”.
His brother Khasan says that Zabit now is his coach, trains once a day and if you wanna know then ask Zabit himself. But also says that maybe Zabit returns but later, not now.

Ariel mentioned on the MMAhour before that he heard it was due to his religion/moral beliefs why he isn’t fighting anymore
Ahh so he is another Adlan Amagov. Did he finally read the hadiths where it says punching someone in the head is haram?

He's mostly training with his younger brother who fights in Bellator, Khassan. Magomed is also with them a lot of the time. When they're in the US, they work out at Mark Henry's gym.

Mark Henry did hint at Zabit gearing up for a return about a month and a half ago. So if we dont hear anything by July, I'd say he never worked through his diaphragm issue that gave him cardio problems.
He's close pals with Magomed Magomedov in Bellator as well.

He's close pals with Magomed Magomedov in Bellator as well.
I am 90 % sure that I saw in Russian video interview that Magomedov said that Magomedsharipovs are his cousins or second cousins or relative like that. 10 % chances that it was Valiev instead of Magomedsharipov (or even Valiev instead of Magomedov).

I am wrong. It was Timur Valiev who said this words about business and was like “he has a clothes line why should he receive punches to the face?”.
His brother Khasan says that Zabit now is his coach, trains once a day and if you wanna know then ask Zabit himself. But also says that maybe Zabit returns but later, not now.
Thank you

its very odd to leave when you're on a win streak to the top. i mean why not just ride out your contract and make money? the guy doesn't really need to train as his foundation in grappling and striking is already there. just cut weight and collect the check win or lose.

oh well. hopefully dana can sign his brother to the ufc.

One of the best 2 round fighters around.

At least we can watch his little brother in Bellator. I guess

its very odd to leave when you're on a win streak to the top. i mean why not just ride out your contract and make money? the guy doesn't really need to train as his foundation in grappling and striking is already there. just cut weight and collect the check win or lose.

oh well. hopefully dana can sign his brother to the ufc.
According to coach Zabit is in the sports since he was a child. Training, weight cuts, fights/bouts - Zabit is tired and also multiple times his fights in UFC fell apart, so he trains and prepares and UFC can’t find opponent for him. And if I am not mistaken he said that UFC promised a title shot after one of the fights that fell apart. Seems like situation is a bit like with Cejudo - Zabit’s side started to talk about retirement and that he only interested in a title fight and will turn down any other fights (hoping UFC will give him fight for the belt) and UFC didn’t cared.
He has multiple business and I think he is in the corner of his brother and also I think he was a cornerman for some Dagestani dudes in PFL or Bellator. So he receives money without receiving brain damage and risking his health.

I remember hearing he was sick with some auto immune issue a while back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back