Where is "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler?

Mal Intentions

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He is scheduled to have a fight with Josh Koscheck at 170 lbs, but he is not one of the fighters on the list of fighters that have crossed over to the UFC.

Does anybody have any info on him and whether or not he signed with the UFC?

Yeah, he's good. He wasn't on today's list because he had already signed with the UFC. Same with guys like Derek Brunson, Hirota, Fodor, etc. No worries.

ok good

also, what do you guys think about him fighting Kos and cutting to 170 lbs?
will he be able to stuff the takedowns? i think kos will get him down early but robbie will keep getting back up. eventually kos will try and stand with him and throw that slow motion overhand, get countered by a ruthless uppercut and go to sleep.

opinions?

I agree, technically he wasn't with SF anymore once he was booked with Kos a few weeks ago.

ok good

also, what do you guys think about him fighting Kos and cutting to 170 lbs?
will he be able to stuff the takedowns? i think kos will get him down early but robbie will keep getting back up. eventually kos will try and stand with him and throw that slow motion overhand, get countered by a ruthless uppercut and go to sleep.

opinions?

A bit dreamy. Kos via 3rd grind. Lawler needs favorable matchups for him to shine.

He is scheduled to have a fight with Josh Koscheck at 170 lbs, but he is not one of the fighters on the list of fighters that have crossed over to the UFC.

Does anybody have any info on him and whether or not he signed with the UFC?

I think there were plenty of SF fighters, like Lawler, who got signed/contract honored, before the list that was released.

Hoping that also applies to Quinn Mulhern.

They said he was going to the UFC a few weeks ago at WW. Can not wait! War Lawler!

Well right now he's probably in his bathroom taking a shower and yankin it

A bit dreamy. Kos via 3rd grind. Lawler needs favorable matchups for him to shine.

True statement. Lawler is more than likely in for a long, sweaty 15 minutes. I expect it to look exactly like the Koscheck vs Daley fight minus the late punch.

True statement. Lawler is more than likely in for a long, sweaty 15 minutes. I expect it to look exactly like the Koscheck vs Daley fight minus the late punch.

but robbie is a much better wrasler than daley without question. he was only able to be held down once he started fighting the bigger stronger guys at MW. Since he is cutting to 170 he will probably be a lot stronger in his weight class than he was at MW.

Im pumped Lawler is back with the UFC stoked for this fight

I can tell you where Ruthless is gonna be on Feb 23rd too

Under Kos, for 15 minutes, totally gassed for most of the time because of the insane weightcut...IF he makes weight.

That list was just people that Helwani felt were 'notable' that he was able to confirm at that point. It was not meant to be all encompassing. I don't think most of the people with match ups (like Woodley) were listed in that segment.

This is true and is sucks. I would love to see Robbie back winning again. Sad thing is everyone knows to stay away from his power and take him down. KOS is to good a wressler.

i love Lawlor but stylistically this is a terrible match up for him...Kos isn't stupid he won't risk it he'll fight lawlor like he fought paul daley sticking to him like glue and grinding. :(

but robbie is a much better wrasler than daley without question. he was only able to be held down once he started fighting the bigger stronger guys at MW. Since he is cutting to 170 he will probably be a lot stronger in his weight class than he was at MW.
Robbie is definitely a much better wrestler than Daley. However, he's not nearly good enough to stop Koscheck with any consistency. GSP is the only fighter in the division that can do that.

Last edited:
Kos will win. He's a smart enough fighter to know how hes gonna win and that by grinding it out for 3 rounds

He should just fight Trigg over and over...that fight was funny.

Seriously, though, I hope Kos tries to stand and trade with him.

Lawler has questionable cardio at 185lbs. I don't understand how cutting extra weight is going to help with that. This is going to be something like Belfort-Bisping: if one guy doesn't succeed in blitzing his opponent for an early KO, then we're in for a long night of circling around the octagon and heavy breathing in full guard.

Back