Where in the world is Deontay Wilder?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So after losing to Fury nearly a year ago, and using all the excuses in the world as to why and how he lost, where is this guy?

He used to be one of the biggest mouths in boxing, but seems to have gone very very quiet, i know he has piped up a few times since the excuses about him wanting a rematch(or that is what his handlers are reporting).

Is he still training, is he still interested in fighting, i would have liked him to have a fight lined up against someone to see what his mental game was like, but he seems to have gone totally off the grid.

It seems Finkel thinks there is still a lot to be sorted out for a 3rd fight between Fury and Wilder will have to happen before Fury fights anyone else, i just think the lack of noise from Wilder means he is either training a lot, or is asking for a lot of money to step away from the sport, i have a feeling the truth may be somewhere inbetween.

I would like to see Wilder fight someone like Parker or Whyte, i have no doubt he would beat the pair of them if his mind is in the correct place.

I'm not sure what he's been doing lately. Like you noted his team believes he's contractually obligated to a third fight with Fury while Fury's team disagrees. They had a dispute resolution clause in the contract that was activated and it's now in the hands of a retired judge overseeing the case. The first part is mediation and the second part, if it's required (and it appears it will be), is the binding arbitration part which is the legally binding final ruling on the matter. We're still waiting on the result. Until then we're not going to see Fury or Wilder fight due to any potential legal consequences.

I would prefer if Wilder let Fury out of the 3rd fight. Let Joshua & Fury have their showdown. Both fighters and fans deserve that.
Plus I think Wilder needs as much time to reflect and improve as possible.
Fury is not young and has miles. A fight with a prime AJ could possibly diminish him further.
Could be in Wilder's better interest to let Fury age and soften up some.

The 2nd Fury fight was not just a physical beat down...Some screws got knocked a little loose However, people have recovered and rallied from worse. Still rooting for the Bronze Bomber.

I agree he should let fury out of the third fight to take on aj, but in the meantime I think there's lots of interesting match ups for deontay to get back in the ring. him vs andy ruiz if he gets past arreola would be great so would Wilder vs usyk or wilder vs joe joyce

Probably rolling around in a padded room somewhere flinging poo at any orderlies foolish enough to get within range.

EvergreenSolidEquine-size_restricted.gif

Same thing happened to George Foreman after his loss against Ali... Their ego took a beating as well. They react if they got knocked out by a woman in front of the whole world, whereas in reality they lost at the hands of someone who has more experience, who was world champion before them, who's just as tall as them, and who has better boxing skills (Ali, Fury).

Same thing happened to George Foreman after his loss against Ali... Their ego took a beating as well. They react if they got knocked out by a woman in front of the whole world, whereas in reality they lost at the hands of someone who has more experience, who was world champion before them, who's just as tall as them, and who has better boxing skills (Ali, Fury).
I look forward to Wilder's 2031 return perhaps with a lightweight suit that isn't too heavy and a poison tolerance

Training legs so he can withstand his costume.

But in all seriousness, hopefully after eating some humble pie he is getting his mind right.
Humble pie?

You mean poisoned pie by that devil trainer and that devil suit maker and those devil cheating gloves and wilder rolled out of the bed the wrong way and it was black history month so he was studying instead of boxing.

Did I forget anything?

Where on earth is Deontay Wilder? Where is Deontay Wilder?
Where on earth can he be?
Tell me, Where is Deontay Wilder?
Oh, Deontay Wilder, Where on earth can he be?
Where on earth can he be? Ooh, ooh, ooh Sphinx, Mona
Lisa Leaning Tower of Pisa London Zoo
Timbuktu Can you help us find a clue?

Oh, Where is Deontay Wilder?
Where on earth Can he be?
Where on earth can he be?

I’d love to see Wilder/Usyk

I agree he should let fury out of the third fight to take on aj, but in the meantime I think there's lots of interesting match ups for deontay to get back in the ring. him vs andy ruiz if he gets past arreola would be great so would Wilder vs usyk or wilder vs joe joyce
I think Ruiz could beat Wilder, well the Ruiz we saw in the first match against AJ. Sea-level motivated Ruiz. Even if fat Ruiz showed up it would be real interesting seeing how much punishment he could absorb from Wilder. And Wilder vs Usyk or Joyce would be good to see. Personally I'd like to see Whyte get his shot at Wilder but Wilder doesn't have any belts so I suspect Whyte wouldn't be so keen to fight him now due to high risk low reward.

Back