Where does the mass come from when taking steroids?

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
I have always wondered where muscle mass comes from when people take steroids. If someone eats minimally or not at all, will they still gain mass?

It's possible that they'd gain some mass, but it's more likely that a genetically-average person would just get shredded while retaining the mass they have.

Lots of weight class athletes use them throughout their competitive careers, so they don't turn you into a hulking monster unless you eat the part. That's also something that difficult to avoid, as even being totally sedentary and eating at a slight surplus will put on lean mass.

the rapid gain you see in the early stage of a cycle is from muscle cells storing more water.

their cajones

jk.

I don't think they'll gain mass when eating at a deficit. I might be wrong on this, but don't anabolics boots recovery which lets athletes train more frequent and harder?

their cajones

jk.

I don't think they'll gain mass when eating at a deficit. I might be wrong on this, but don't anabolics boots recovery which lets athletes train more frequent and harder?

Provided that they have some fat on them, they could and probably will.

They can essentially recomp at an accelerated pace if they eat at maintenance. If it's at a deficit then minimal if any amount of muscle will be lost while on cell tech, and the more fat you lose the more exaggerated your proportions become the more "deezed" you look

Simple answer to the original question, NO.

You cannot gain weight if you are eating less calories than you expend, no matter what you are taking.

If you are fat, you may be able to add some muscle mass while on a caloric deficit (although you WILL lose weight overall). However, those effects won't last very long and will be minor if you are on a severe caloric deficit.

I'm sure you've probably heard this before, but taking steroids without eating properly and training properly is pretty worthless.

Increased Protein synthesis, increased nitrogen retention and bone density.

With some compounds, you are also looking at increased water retention as well.

Eat high clean calories will result in some clean gains.

Back