Where does Pat Miletich rank as far as anouncers go?

ch0rx

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Joe Hogan is definitely top of the bunch, but he has started his decline and I'm just not into him as much.

Those dudes from Bellator are pretty great, Smith and Wheelock I believe, but not nearly as tried and true as the Rogan/Goldy combo.

But Pat Friggin Miletich just tells it like it is. Very plain and accessible for anyone watching, never annoying or too far out of bounds with fake excitement ala Rogan, but very technical in his analysis too.

Is he on bad terms with the UFC or something? Because he is easily better than Florian, Anik and the bunch and I'd put him right there with Dominick Cruz. If him and Dom shared announcing duties they would absolutely kill it.

hes too dry and quiet

hes very smart and when he does open up, he gives great insight, but the other commentators have to drag the words out of him. its like youre on a date with a sheletered introvert who hasnt had any drinks yet. theres a lot of dead air, and he gives a lot of one word answers rather than elaborating

agree that bellator commentators are much better than anik/florian

cruz/stann/mir/bonnar are the best fighter commentators imo

i fantasize about having a sonnen/wheelock combo in the booth

Near the bottom. He is really lacking imo.

I've always been a big fan of Mir as a commentator. Hopefully he will continue on with the UFC in that role when he decides to hang them up for good.

Not a fan. But some people on here absolutely love him.

I think Hardy did a great job recently

Hardy sucks, Anik sucks, Miletech is meh. Stann is great.

Great at telling it like it is, and breaking down some positions/strategy.
Not so great at transmitting excitement.

I really like him , I think his explinations of the fights as they are happening are really really good , I rank him right near the top .

People are going to say they like Joe better and that's cool I understand that but u think he's better than every other commentator that works for UFC on a regular basis

Miletich was good. Shamrock is who really sucked. I think people blame Miletich for Shamrock.

Rogan acts to much like an announcer then a color commentator, but he isn't really qualified to be a color commentator. The UFC needs to get back to 3 in the booth. Get Mir, Stan, or Miletich. The best would be Bas but then they wouldn't need the other 2.

Shammy had literally nothing to contribute ever

just collecting paychecks and paying off those braces

I've always been a big fan of Mir as a commentator. Hopefully he will continue on with the UFC in that role when he decides to hang them up for good.

Yeah Mir was great back on those WEC fights. But remember how one sided he'd get when his boy Miguel Torres was fighting? Haha! I wouldn't mind seeing Mir call a few fights and show up in the booth.

Really great announcing voice IMO and good knowledge to go with it. Better than Florian, Stann, Hardy, etc.

Joe Hogan is definitely top of the bunch, but he has started his decline and I'm just not into him as much.

Those dudes from Bellator are pretty great, Smith and Wheelock I believe, but not nearly as tried and true as the Rogan/Goldy combo.

But Pat Friggin Miletich just tells it like it is. Very plain and accessible for anyone watching, never annoying or too far out of bounds with fake excitement ala Rogan, but very technical in his analysis too.

Is he on bad terms with the UFC or something? Because he is easily better than Florian, Anik and the bunch and I'd put him right there with Dominick Cruz. If him and Dom shared announcing duties they would absolutely kill it.

I wish he would stop commentating Muay Thai fights cos he doesnt have a fucking clue about how to score a thai fight. other than that he is just an average MMA commentator imo

2 pages and nobody has mentioned Bas? Shame....SHAME!!!!!

I know it's a thread about Pat but still.

But the thing is he should get back to coaching. It would be cool to have another elite camp and he'd probably produce contenders across the board.

Miletich and Jimmy Smith are my favourite current announcers. Mir and Bonnar were good in the WEC.

Is he on bad terms with the UFC or something?
Dana hates Pat's guts. Has for a long while now. It stems from WAMMA

Back