• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where does Marlon Moraes go from here?

Moscardino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
upload_2023-4-2_13-12-31.png

If you believe he lost the Aldo fight (Which many believe he did) Moraes is now on an 8-fight losing streak, officially 6 and 1-7 in his last 8. Almost all from brutal finishes. Where does he go from here?

In B4 Powerslap.

Getting KO'd and TKO'd in 7 of his last 8 fights he should retire from this or any fight sport. IDK how he can possibly pass a brain scan with that many loses due to being very close to being or being unconscious.

If you believe he lost the Aldo fight (Which many believe he did) Moraes is now on an 8-fight losing streak

He didn't, he isn't. But losing 7 out of 8 is bad enough.

You guys who keep saying Moraes lost the Aldo fight need to go rewatch it, and pay close attention to the 3rd round. Clear 29-28 for Moraes.

Getting KO'd and TKO'd in 7 of his last 8 fights he should retire from this or any fight sport. IDK how he can possibly pass a brain scan with that many loses due to being very close to being or being unconscious.
Agree with this. I mentioned it in the PFL thread. He should’ve stay retired. He doesn’t need to be taking any more damage.

He honestly should quit retire. Be a coach. If he got the means open up his gym.

What a nosedive decline, Chuck Liddel level. This sport isn't kind he really should retire.. or try his hand in fight circus.

No clue why he didn't hang it up permanently after losing to Sheymon. He was winning that one very easily up until Sheymon landed one good shot, which on its own should've been a clear sign that Marlon has no business fighting anymore.

He didn't, he isn't. But losing 7 out of 8 is bad enough.

You guys who keep saying Moraes lost the Aldo fight need to go rewatch it, and pay close attention to the 3rd round. Clear 29-28 for Moraes.

It's more the fact it wasn't a convincing win, I'm not an Aldo Fanboy, but the fact is he's lost 7 of his last 8 if not for one judge's scorecard that many called a robbery preventing it 8 in a row

It's more the fact it wasn't a convincing win, I'm not an Aldo Fanboy, but the fact is he's lost 7 of his last 8 if not for one judge's scorecard that many called a robbery preventing it 8 in a row

Anyone calling that a robbery has no idea what they're looking at, including Dana.

In all honesty, I think that was Marlon's last bout because if his leg is completely toast, no way he recovers for June for the second round of matchups.

Marlon's chin jas taken the high dive off the cliff.
Very fun fighter to watch, but not as of the last few years.

Now it's just getting sad to watch tbh.
Retirement is the answer to all his woes.

I was about to post that he should take a break for 2-3 years. Maybe some grappling tournaments inbetween. A couple of gimme fights to regain confidence and keep him in shape. Then I googled his age. I think it's pretty much too late for him. Just retire.

I was about to post that he should take a break for 2-3 years. Maybe some grappling tournaments inbetween. A couple of gimme fights to regain confidence and keep him in shape. Then I googled his age. I think it's pretty much too late for him. Just retire.

Yeah he's done sir.

It didn't help that they fed him to Loghnane (like they fed Santos to Wilkenson, PFL loves doing this shit). Meanwhile they fed Movlid a can and did a pointless early rematch between Wade and Jenkins. They could have given Marlon an easier tune-up fight. Their regular season matchmaking always sucks.

Back