• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where does Chris Jericho rank?

jml4life

Boom
@Blue
Reaction score
jericho-champion-1-696x392-1280x720.jpg

At the top of the 2nd tier of greats. ie below the Hogan's, Flair's, Rock's, Sting's, etc. In the next group with the Dusty Rhodes, Mick Foley, Tatanka, Ultimate warrior, etc

all time? tough to rank as an english speaker. as charismatic as jericho is, that only translates to me because i’m american. guys like misawa, kobashi, kawada, tanahashi, okada, etc. might be just as good on the mic & in worked skits but i don’t speak japanese lol

as far as north america goes, he’s easily top ten, arguably top 5. angle, austin, michaels, hart, jericho would be a good group in whatever order.

At the top of the 2nd tier of greats. ie below the Hogan's, Flair's, Rock's, Sting's, etc. In the next group with the Dusty Rhodes, Mick Foley, Tatanka, Ultimate warrior, etc
is this satire?

based on your previous post, it sounds like we pretty much agree
not sure why you think “jericho is a top 5 north american wrestler of all time” and “jericho is on the level of tatanka” sound like agreeing statements, but fair enough.

not sure why you think “jericho is a top 5 north american wrestler of all time” and “jericho is on the level of tatanka” sound like agreeing statements, but fair enough.
I was just trying to sneak Tatanka in there with those other greats. I didn't really pay attention much though to your wrestling snobbery though. You are right to clarify "north american." Just like when someone says such and such chain restaurant is great, i am sure you like to jump in and say it sucks and doesn't compare to some local place in your neighborhood

I was just trying to sneak Tatanka in there with those other greats. I didn't really pay attention much though to your wrestling snobbery though. You are right to clarify "north american." Just like when someone says such and such chain restaurant is great, i am sure you like to jump in and say it sucks and doesn't compare to some local place in your neighborhood
no snobbery intended but i do like to think there’s a bit of a consensus among wrestling fans regarding the all time greats. of course, you can always nitpick an actual numerical ranking. it’s just the first time i’ve heard someone say that not only is hogan a better all-time wrestler than jericho, but that jericho is in the same tier as tatanka or ultimate warrior.

He gets longevity points for being at/near the top but he's not Legendary (Taker, Foley, Funk, Flair, Sting)

Good in the ring but not a master of his craft (Hart, Eddie, Benoit, Savage, Angle)

Good on the mic and charismatic but not an icon (Rock, Cena, Stone Cold, Hogan, HBK)

Is not physically imposing (Andre, Goldberg, Nash, Sid or Brock)

I just put at least 5 guys ahead of him in different categories and there could be more. Meaning he's not IMO top 5 I'm any of the big things that are important to me....again my opinion and yes it's all Merican Feds

no snobbery intended but i do like to think there’s a bit of a consensus among wrestling fans regarding the all time greats. of course, you can always nitpick an actual numerical ranking. it’s just the first time i’ve heard someone say that not only is hogan a better all-time wrestler than jericho, but that jericho is in the same tier as tatanka or ultimate warrior.
i was talking about the entire package. basically, star power. obviously hogan is not close to a top 5 "wrestler." but i would absolutely defend Ultimate Warrior (unfortunately not Tatanka) being level to Jericho even though i liked Jericho much, much more. It is lost on younger people (not sure how old you are) just how big warrior was for a period of time

i was talking about the entire package. basically, star power. obviously hogan is not close to a top 5 "wrestler." but i would absolutely defend Ultimate Warrior (unfortunately not Tatanka) being level to Jericho even though i liked Jericho much, much more. It is lost on younger people (not sure how old you are) just how big warrior was for a period of time
Hart dungeon >gold's gym. On a side note, Hogan over Warrior. Done.

warrior was definitely super over. i just think there’s more that goes into being a great, personally. but yeah, if we’re putting a big emphasis on popularity, warrior was huge for a while.

There's guys from Japan I'd definitely rate higher.
Same for guys from back in the territory days.
In WCW/WWE terms, from the mid-nineties onward because there's eighties talent that ranks higher, I'd say top 10.
Overall top 100. That might sound like a knock on Jericho but it isn't.

I'd say he's one of the best upper mid carders ever.

LOL what?

Acting like it's controversial to rank Hogan over Jericho??????

Top 25 wrestler of all-time due to the longevity.

Excellent #3-4 guy from the top in any promotion at any time in history. Was probably the top guy in WWE in 2008 and 2009.

Has been excellent at switching from face to heel, which can't be said for many. Also drew money as both.

In the ring he's fallen off a ton, but in his prime he was absolutely in the top class of in-ring performers.

Back