Where do you buy coconut oil?

stylesbjj**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regular grocery stores and TJ's don't have it. GNC sells it for like 13 bucks for 12 ounces. There's an Indian store with imported stuff for 4 bucks for 20 ounces, but I don't really trust India's quality. The bottle doesn't have a seal, it can be opened before the bottle is sold and you couldn't tell the difference.

i heard you get it in Coconut Creek fla

Regular grocery stores and TJ's don't have it. GNC sells it for like 13 bucks for 12 ounces. There's an Indian store with imported stuff for 4 bucks for 20 ounces, but I don't really trust India's quality. The bottle doesn't have a seal, it can be opened before the bottle is sold and you couldn't tell the difference.

Yeah. The coconut oil could really be goats milk.

I buy mine from a locally owned natural health food store. Off the top of my head I don't know the price, but so far it's lasted me quite a while.

I buy this brand (looks like you can buy it right from Omega Nutrition, too):

Omega Nutrition

Also recently bought a brand called Nutiva.

I've seen coconut oil for sale in the uk now via the net, but it seems expensive.

On a side oil question: canola oil, good, bad, pas mal?

We sell a few different brands of cocunut oil at the vitamin shoppe. Check out your local one I think its in the "Superfoods" section, next to Apple Cider Viniger Its there in the store I work at atleast..

Whole Foods.

With the cooking oils and also on the Whole Body aisle with the EFA's.

I have been meaning to look into where to buy this stuff here in the past couple days myself. Quite a coincidence. Now that I see it though, day-um, that stuff is ~ $1.00 per ounce? That's pretty steep, to say the least. Is it really that much better for you (or does it taste that much better) than regular vegetable oil, or even olive oil?

Hmmm. I always get mine at the grocery store. HEB and Kroger both carry it. It's more convienience than anything else. It costs about the same as at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

I found organic coconut oil at Wal-Mart last night...14oz for under $9. They also had some non-organic that was a lot cheaper.

so uhhh, cocunut oil is the new healthy oil, instead of olive oil?

so uhhh, cocunut oil is the new healthy oil, instead of olive oil?

and Macadamia Nut oil will catch on in the next few years.... once the Aussies start promoting it the same way the Greeks have promotoed olive oil.

Back