• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where did Askren talk about Masvidal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Where are the quotes or video?

I havent been paying keen attention but I dont recall ben saying anything about Jorges culture or family.

What really got Jorge so pissed off? Does anyone have any sources?

He's been talking shit abput everyone in an arrogant way.

I'm glad he got smoked and the only fight I want to see for him next is a Lawler rematch.

Jorge has known Ben for many years
all you have to do is listen to Maz
and he will let you know why he dislikes him

He didnt say anything particularly bad but its not like Masvidal isnt easy to rile up.

I saw some Masvidal interview and he said Askren has been taking shots at him, for no reason, since 2017.

Well, for starters.....

Askren:
“Here’s the deal: Dana came out and said this morning that they’re looking to do me and Masvidal. I heard that, I said yes last week,” Askren said in a Twitter video he recently posted. “It didn’t take me more than ten seconds to say ‘of course, Jorge, let’s do this.’ You think you’re a gangster.”

“Well, now I’m starting to hear he’s getting cold feet,” Askren said. “He doesn’t want to do it; he doesn’t want to fight me because he’s scared. Jorge, just tell the people. Are you scared?

“If you’re scared, I will move on to somebody else. If you’re not scared, June 8th, Chicago. I’m free, you’re free, let’s do this. It’s really simple.”

“The winner’s probably gonna get a title shot, Jorge, so there’s quite a bit on the line,” he continued. “And I think it would be in your best interest to stop being a chicken and just say yes.”

Where are the quotes or video?

I havent been paying keen attention but I dont recall ben saying anything about Jorges culture or family.

What really got Jorge so pissed off? Does anyone have any sources?

Well, for starters.....

Askren:
“Here’s the deal: Dana came out and said this morning that they’re looking to do me and Masvidal. I heard that, I said yes last week,” Askren said in a Twitter video he recently posted. “It didn’t take me more than ten seconds to say ‘of course, Jorge, let’s do this.’ You think you’re a gangster.”

“Well, now I’m starting to hear he’s getting cold feet,” Askren said. “He doesn’t want to do it; he doesn’t want to fight me because he’s scared. Jorge, just tell the people. Are you scared?

“If you’re scared, I will move on to somebody else. If you’re not scared, June 8th, Chicago. I’m free, you’re free, let’s do this. It’s really simple.”

“The winner’s probably gonna get a title shot, Jorge, so there’s quite a bit on the line,” he continued. “And I think it would be in your best interest to stop being a chicken and just say yes.”
{<jordan}

What devastating shit talk
"You're a chicken sign the fight" <{RoseRun}>

I think Masdival just doesn't like him on general principle as well.

{<jordan}

I know right.....How would that get under someone like Jorge's skin?

And it's not like he said anything else after that.....

I have no idea why anyone is pretending Askren was talking a bunch of shit....It's ridiculous.

Yeah he didn't say anything that bad.

Ben was talking trash, but not in a typical meathead MMA way. He was smugly saying stuff, and talking down to Mas like he was a scrub.

For a real dude like Jorge, that kind of talk gets you smacked.

Well, for starters.....

Askren:

Okay, that is some very lukewarm trash talk. I guess you did say it was a start. Did he say anything closer to the line than this?

I know right.....

And it's not like he said anything else after that.....

I have no idea why anyone is pretending Askren was talking a bunch of shit....It's ridiculous.

I have no idea if he was talking shit or not, I didn't pay attention
But "please fight me or you are a chicken" is hardly shit talk. A call out maybe. Which worked

Askren says he took the Masvidal fight because it was an easy fight.

I still haven't seen or heard anything Ben said that could be perceived as racist. Douchey maybe but not racist. I've asked in a few threads now an no one has been able to show anything

Oh I guess Ben Askren did say he was showcasing toxic masculinity or something

{<jordan}

:: outrage ::

M8rBMR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back