where can I read about beginner's ground game?

Bodybuilder MMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I read the stickies, but barely skimmed through them. I prolly missed alot of info.

where can I read about pulling guard, breaking guard, arm bars, gullitone chokes and such?

good night, i'm exhausted and can't type well

The Essential Guard by Kid Peligro and Rodrigo Medeiros. Great book on the guard.

I read the stickies, but barely skimmed through them. I prolly missed alot of info.

where can I read about pulling guard, breaking guard, arm bars, gullitone chokes and such?

good night, i'm exhausted and can't type well

In ters of reading, I'd recommend Ed Beneville's books, Passing the Guard, The Guard and Strategic Guard. However, having said that, you need to keep in mind a proviso: they're supposed to supplement training, not form its basis. Especially for beginners, its essential to have an instructor present.

Unlike a DVD/book/video, an instructor can correct your mistakes (which otherwise you'll continue making and thereby entrain bad habits) and modify their advice depending on your particular situation: bodytype, experience, strength etc. Not to mention you could potentially injure yourself and/or others if there isn't an experienced eye supervising. So, your instructor should always be your first port of call if you've got a question: after all, that's what you're paying them for.

90% or so of the guys that post here are white belts and have made a thread on possibly anything you can think of. If you do a search for "problem opening guard" I'm sure you'll get a dozen or so threads with some decent information.

90% or so of the guys that post here are white belts and have made a thread on possibly anything you can think of. If you do a search for "problem opening guard" I'm sure you'll get a dozen or so threads with some decent information.

I saw the thread title and figured i would skip this thread until i saw you made the last post, and figured it would be worth a laugh to hear you flame some newb.... WTF happened!!!! are you mellowing in your old age? :p

I saw the thread title and figured i would skip this thread until i saw you made the last post, and figured it would be worth a laugh to hear you flame some newb.... WTF happened!!!! are you mellowing in your old age? :p

I need to be some somewhat good behavior for a bit, I got a fucking double yellow a month ago...

Back