when you feel down about training...

Talk about unfitting music.

Must make for some awkward scoring... I didn't know if she got mount or side control there. Same with guard and half guard and being under mount or under side control. Tense...

Unfit advantage, the loss of a limb means she has less actic acid buildup and therefore can perform for a longer time without getting cramps.

or

I wonder what her guard game is like?

damn, huge props for puttin in the time and effort to learn the art with that big of a disadvantage

Shame on me, but I found myself wondering if knee bar/heel hook is the way to go or not....

Unfit advantage, the loss of a limb means she has less actic acid buildup and therefore can perform for a longer time without getting cramps.

or

I wonder what her guard game is like?

I might be wrong, but it looks like she's using spider guard a lot on that video. The girl didn't seem to pass her guard as easily as it looks like it would be, too.

It's very interesting to see how someone can adapt BJJ to themselves. I've never got to roll with anyone with a severe disability, but one of my teammates has a "bad side". One of his arms doesn't work too well, and his hand doesn't function, and the leg in the same side lacks the full range of movement. His other side isn't so good either, but it's a lot better, although he can't tie his own belt or his gi pants. I never asked him, but if I was going to guess, it's probably cerebral palsy. So he's really good with footlocks, and can do a rear naked choke with his bad hand which is a little scary because of one of his fingers.

Interesting video, TS. I'm only curious about how they handled the scores... and without wanting to sound too much like a giant creep, I'm a bit curious about her too. Where was that tournament?

It's very interesting to see how someone can adapt BJJ to themselves.

Agreed. I just finished a competition with a blind BJJ practitioner who competed (he was not in my weight class). Instead of a traditional start, the ref just started this guy and his opponent with equal judo grips. After that, it all unfolded as normal. Despite not having sight, this guy was a beast. It just goes to show you what people can accomplish if they just put their minds to it. Very inspirational.

Sometimes i fell down about training, i dont think that video would help at all though.
Props to her though

Interesting video, TS. I'm only curious about how they handled the scores... and without wanting to sound too much like a giant creep, I'm a bit curious about her too. Where was that tournament?

good question i don't have any idea, i just ran across it on youtube and thought it would interesting to share. if you read the comments on the video it says she won a few of her other matches which makes me wonder how?

watching it though i wouldn't wanna be the other chick honestly...... man to go 100% or fake it out of sympathy?

open mat i go to sometimes there is a guy missing an arm. great respect for anyone that has a disability but refuses to let it hold them back

Shame on me, but I found myself wondering if knee bar/heel hook is the way to go or not....

I feel bad for laughing at this...:icon_neut

There is also a guy at BTT who has only one leg. It was amputated at the knee. I think hes former Marine, and its likely from a tour of duty.

Hes a cool guy too.

Sometimes i fell down about training, i dont think that video would help at all though.
Props to her though

Yeah, that video just makes me feel down about life. What were you thinking TS?

Back