When will sherdog overhaul this garbage ass forum engine?

BilderbergGroup

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Of all the big forums i've seen this is by far the worst one. They must have enough traffic and revenue to do something about it. There are plenty of bigger forums that run much much smoother. I love this forum but it is technically horrible. They need to fix this crap.

It will probably take like 10 minutes just for this thread to get posted.

Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files, cookies and history and rebooting? I know, I didnt go to college for 5 years for nothing.

60% of the time, it works everytime.

lol, I agree 100% and think it's hilarious that this is a double thread.

Only sometimes sherdog will "freeze" on me, where I open a bunch of threads (tabbed), and it sits for...15 or so minutes "loading"

Haven't seen if this correlates to anything, I always figured it was a hiccup in wireless.

BUT, happens when the rest of the internet is up and running.

Of all the big forums i've seen this is by far the worst one. They must have enough traffic and revenue to do something about it. There are plenty of bigger forums that run much much smoother. I love this forum but it is technically horrible. They need to fix this crap.

It will probably take like 10 minutes just for this thread to get posted.

You made some pretty sweeping generalizations there. Runs horrible. How so? Examples? Must have enough revenue - how much is enough? Enough for what?

Are you doing your part by purchasing a platinum account so that sherdog can invest in upgrades? Or are you complaining about something that you get for free..? Maybe with a platinum account and no ads, pages would load much faster for you.

The board typically runs pretty smoothly for me. Glitches from time to time but I'd say 95% of the time I don't have any problems.

You made some pretty sweeping generalizations there. Runs horrible. How so? Examples? Must have enough revenue - how much is enough? Enough for what?

Are you doing your part by purchasing a platinum account so that sherdog can invest in upgrades? Or are you complaining about something that you get for free..? Maybe with a platinum account and no ads, pages would load much faster for you.

The board typically runs pretty smoothly for me. Glitches from time to time but I'd say 95% of the time I don't have any problems.

I'm shocked that this board runs as well as it does with so many users, especially when some users are total idiots.

I'm shocked that this board runs as well as it does with so many users, especially when some users are total idiots.

Mod gimmick?

Anyway, if you want examples here are some:
Posting often brings you to the "invalid thread page" forcing you to reload the thread.
The submit button appears to have no effect causing the member to double, triple, quadruple, etc... post. This goes for new threads as well.
As TS mentioned, the forum gets stuck loading for ten minutes at a time. I've seen this happened on Firefox, IE and Safari.
Search function NEVER works properly.
New threads are often created on the third page or higher making them essentially invisible.

That's all off the top of my head. I'll try to think of more.

Also, it's not legit to write off our complaints by merely asserting that the forum is free. Only with an extensive membership is Sherdog able to sell ads and make money. As a non-paid mod it may be easy to think of this as a non-profit org but I'm sure Jeff sees things differently. If the forum becomes unusable to it's members then both .com and .net will suffer financially. That much is indisputable.

Not one that I've encountered but here's another.

and wtf does this mean?

"This forum requires that you wait 25 seconds between posts. Please try again in 103 seconds.".... wait 103 seconds because you must wait 25. Weird.

I think the TRULY salient point, though, is that things seem to be getting worse. Every one of the problems mentioned seem to be occurring more and more frequently. Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the forum crashes within a years time.

The search function by thread title always tells me I have too few words, no matter what I search. The search by threads started function hasn't worked in awhile. Half the time I try to check my own post history, I'm told there are no matches. The forum is very glitchy as of late.

Uhhh all big forums have the same problems you're mentioning. Either way, there's nothing moderators can do about it. You're better off e-mailing Sherwood or an admin.

I think the TRULY salient point, though, is that things seem to be getting worse. Every one of the problems mentioned seem to be occurring more and more frequently. Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the forum crashes within a years time.

A forum can't 'crash' for more than a few minutes. A server can crash, but the forum itself won't.

Back