When will Bellator Start Giving MVP Real Fights?

When Coker and Chu are probably gone.

That is their model

Look at him and Izzy. Basically similar in every way, both black kickboxers from other country, not US. Both have personalities and are flashy strikers.

MVP goes to Bellator, spends like 8 years and has fought like 2 guys and lost to Lima but is mostly can crushing and really hasnt become the kind of star he could have been.

Izzy goes to UFC and is world champ within 2 years fighting the top guys and headlining PPV. Has already beaten MW GOAT and has wins over 7 of the top 15 in the div

If he signed with UFC all those years ago he'd have gotten a few warm ups to see where he is and then if he wins he's into top 15, 10, 5 and title shot if he's that good.

U can't compare a real kicboxer who had 70 real fights vs a point karate fighter who plays tag!

Izzy fights MVP played touch butt!

No comparrison at all!

Look at him and Izzy. Basically similar in every way, both black kickboxers from other country, not US. Both have personalities and are flashy strikers.

MVP goes to Bellator, spends like 8 years and has fought like 2 guys and lost to Lima but is mostly can crushing and really hasnt become the kind of star he could have been.

Izzy goes to UFC and is world champ within 2 years fighting the top guys and headlining PPV. Has already beaten MW GOAT and has wins over 7 of the top 15 in the div

If he signed with UFC all those years ago he'd have gotten a few warm ups to see where he is and then if he wins he's into top 15, 10, 5 and title shot if he's that good.
I swear you just said exactly what was on my mind

I swear you just said exactly what was on my mind

He'd hve signed with UFC, Dana would have been hyping him as the Anderson Silva of the UK, the next big star from there along with Bisping. He'd have headlined cards, gotten top ranked guys and if he was that good he would have worked his way up as far as his talent would bring him. He wouldnt have spent 8 years crushing cans and getting 2 serious fights and then back to crushing nobodies.

He'd hve signed with UFC, Dana would have been hyping him as the Anderson Silva of the UK, the next big star from there along with Bisping. He'd have headlined cards, gotten top ranked guys and if he was that good he would have worked his way up as far as his talent would bring him. He wouldnt have spent 8 years crushing cans and getting 2 serious fights and then back to crushing nobodies.
Yeah, but is he really good enough to have risen near the top?

If he wanted them, he'd have them. He dosn't want them. Too bad.

I'm really curious if his contract is up or if he has one more fight on it. In 2018 he had one fight left on his contract and publicly said he had signed a new 6 fight contract that included the welterweight tournament and three fights after. Obviously he didn't make it to the end of the tournament but he has had 6 fights since that statement. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC just to see how high his ceiling really is, but I know most people dislike him.

Yeah, but is he really good enough to have risen near the top?

He's a good striker and he does hit hard, we all saw what he did to Cyborgs head. Now could he do that to mid level guys in UFC while he was working his way up and then top ranked guys? We would have found out long ago. Either he would have been the real gods and a top elite WW or he would have got smashed .

He's a good striker and he does hit hard, we all saw what he did to Cyborgs head. Now could he do that to mid level guys in UFC while he was working his way up and then top ranked guys? We would have found out long ago. Either he would have been the real gods and a top elite WW or he would have got smashed .

Yeah, I feel like now there are some special fights I'd want to see with him vs other strikers in the UFC Welterweight division, but ultimately, anyone with a solid ground game would beat him I feel. Still him vs Wonderboy would be fun, him vs Michel Pereira would be fun, Robbie Lawler, Leon Edwards, etc.

Everyone saw that he's not ready for elite fighters when he fought Fernando Gonzalez.

Yeah, I feel like now there are some special fights I'd want to see with him vs other strikers in the UFC Welterweight division, but ultimately, anyone with a solid ground game would beat him I feel. Still him vs Wonderboy would be fun, him vs Michel Pereira would be fun, Robbie Lawler, Leon Edwards, etc.
How would a fight against Leon Edwards be fun? Explain please...

I'm really curious if his contract is up or if he has one more fight on it. In 2018 he had one fight left on his contract and publicly said he had signed a new 6 fight contract that included the welterweight tournament and three fights after. Obviously he didn't make it to the end of the tournament but he has had 6 fights since that statement. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC just to see how high his ceiling really is, but I know most people dislike him.

I don't think he'd ever go to the UFC.

He is just wired different than most fighters. Most fighters are pushing to the top all the time. You got legit guys ranked in the top 10 that won't or as last resort will fight a guy outside of the top 10. They want matches that help them climb the ladder. MVP doesn't seem to care about any of that. Just give me a fight against who ever and pay me. I don't know what Bellator is paying MVP but they sure aren't getting the money out him in most matchups. The dude just seems to have very odd mentality for an athlete. Really makes me wonder how he treats his training.

He's 33. I think there's the answer.

He's 33. I think there's the answer.

He could still have another 5-7 years of fighting left in him...depending on how passionate he is. I don't even know what gym he trains out of.

I think MVP will get a titleahot if he wins against Gracie, Amasov, Koreshkov, Larkin, even Jason Jackson. There is no reason for him to fight anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back