When were you the most nervous before a fight ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's easy to be nervous when you're sitting confortably in your couch. For the fighters, it's clearly a whole different experience.

But for us sherdoggers, sometimes there are fights where there is so much at stake that we get nervous just before it starts.

For me, i think i was really nervous just before Silva-Weidman 2. I had never seen Anderson being knocked out like that and i wanted him to put on a good performance and prove he was still the man. I was crushed of course when he broke his leg but i don't remember ever being that anxious before someone's fight.

I think Cormier Jones 2 is up there too. I was legit concerned for Cormier. Was rooting hard for him

Lawler vs Woodley. Huge Lawler fan that knew the end was near, but wasn’t sure if it was gonna be that night.

tenor.gif

To be fair he had a knife and was a fucking robot.

Watching prime Crocop made me more nervous than anyone. I really thought he was going to kill someone. Back then most fighters didn't know much about blocking head kicks.

And it was the way he fought, just waiting waiting waiting and then BOOM out of no where a brutal KO. The suspense and the thought he might kill someone made me nervous, but that was when I was younger. Now I don't give a fuck, let them bang, it ain't my fuckin brain.

Probably that time I got my ass kicked in front of everyone.

Reem vs Stipe
Johnson vs Cormier 2 (thank god i ended up not watching that fight, would probably throw my laptop outta the window)

when i used to bet cash. during some fights i was yelling and sitting on the edge of my chair.

Romero vs Costa, Stipe vs Cormier will be the next most nervous fight.

Chuck vs Rich. Two of my favorites and was probably the one fight I wished was never set up.

Pretty much any time Anderson fought in his prime. He was my favorite fighter and I didn’t want to see him lose. More recently, was pretty nervous for Khabib/Conor. Did not want Conor to win and hold up the division longer, plus this place would have been insufferable.

Back