When we are talking about boring...

PandaHunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you cut Okami and Jon Fitch for being boring and still top 5 in their divisions then cut everything under 155 including women.

Finishing rate below 155 drops dramatically and so does viewership.

I want to see to well conditioned HW with shitty technique taking their heads off, who is with me?

How about Gleson Tibau? The fucking worst fighter IMO.

Cuts the most weight, doesn't have any fucking dominant wins, and lots of gift decisions.

Seriously, I cant stand that guy, so glad Diaz submitted him way back before he got cut for the first time.

Yes, Diaz was cut after armbarring Gleson Tibau. Fuck I dont like that guy.

Cut Aldo and Barao? Cool story bro.

I would love to be on board because I can't stand Ronda, but generally the women are scrappy as fuck, they absolutely throw down.

If you cut Okami and Jon Fitch for being boring and still top 5 in their divisions then cut everything under 155 including women.

I want to see to well conditioned HW with shitty technique taking their heads off, who is with me?

As of September of 2012 (since I can't find the 2013 article), bantamweight has a higher finishing rate than LHW, WW and MW combined.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1348137-ufc-numbers-do-the-lighter-weight-classes-finish-fights

So in other words, nope.

Cuts the most weight, doesn't have any fucking dominant wins, and lots of gift decisions.
The Cholish, Oliveira, and Uno fights were one sided beatings.

Yeah, like those gift decisions against Guillard and Nurmagomedov? Get out with your fucking nonsense.

His only remotely controversial decision win is against Pellegrino. He has been robbed twice, and has never won a true gift decision.

Another well thought out, necessary, and original thread from a White Belt.

Thank you so much for this. Sherdog is a better place for your insights.

Yeah, like those gift decisions against Guillard and Nurmagomedov? Get out with your fucking nonsense.

His only remotely controversial decision win is against Pellegrino. He has been robbed twice, and has never won a true gift decision.

Yea ook, the One and only Tibau fan.

How about Gleson Tibau? The fucking worst fighter IMO.

Seriously, I cant stand that guy, so glad Diaz submitted him way back before he got cut for the first time.

Yes, Diaz was cut after armbarring Gleson Tibau. Fuck I dont like that guy.

30-27 against Khabib.

Bantamweight has one of the highest finishing rates, you uneducated fool.

I know of some people here who think he stole a decision vs RDA. I'm not one of them mind you but I've seen the attitude/suggestion brought up previously.

30-27 against Khabib.

Close fight I guess, Meh it was pretty fucking boring

and sorry, diaz didnt submit him, it was TKO, coulda sworn it was an Armbar.

Anyways Varner and Dunham losses really iced that cake for me.

Fuck I hate his style.

first of all you're wrong.

Heavyweight – 84.2 percent
Light Heavyweight – 47.1 percent
Middleweight – 52.8 percent
Welterweight – 51.2 percent
Lightweight – 45.5 percent
Featherweight – 50.0 percent
Bantamweight – 57.1 percent
Flyweight – 28.6 percent

source: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/09/25/ufc-numbers-never-lie-lighter-weight-classes-finishers/

pretty close if you ask me, aside from flyweight (data is from september 2012 though, so flyweight data is flawed obviously)

Also finishing rate doesn't matter one bit.

The smaller guys go for finishes all the time because they stay active the entire fight, it's just KO's are less likely for obvious reasons and that doesn't matter one bit.

There's a lot less lay n pray the lower you go in weight. Stupid argument.

Last edited:
Retarded or troll? Either way this thread doesn't matter....

I find it strange they cut Okami and Fitch but then express interest in Ben Askren, sign Ryan Jimmo and Bruno Santos.

If we wanna go by finish rate lately; cut LHW and HW. 70% decision rate in 2012.

Back