When watching a car move forward, does the wheels sometime looks like it's going backwards?

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes when I see a car move forward it looks like the wheels are going backwards to me and was wondering if this happens to other people.

438907.jpg

Op looks like the fish tony sopranos talks to.

Yes. This is a well known optical illusion.

It happens with fan blades too.

Yes it does.

There are also times when car beside me moves and I'm like whoa am I going backwards?

Sometimes when I see a car move forward it looks like the wheels are going backwards to me and was wondering if this happens to other people.
Yes.
It is related to 'time traveling'. The tires move into the future while the wheels move into the past...

* Is this you?
438907.jpg

Yes it's it's called the Sconophonic effect

Yea. I've seen that before. Fair play to Gizmo as he does get teased about his photo and takes it well.

In other news Gizmo is the name of the other dog we have ( not the GSD in my avatar )

He is currently the most popular member on Sherdog. Watch out for the competition @Clippy.
@gizmo J never seems to post more than once on his threads...

True he rarely comes back to reply. He's also known to post the same thread on multiple forums. He posts all over the internet. With the same name and photo and the same threads word for word.

True he rarely comes back to reply. He's also known to post the same thread on multiple forums. He posts all over the internet. With the same name and photo and the same threads word for word.

which other forums?

hilarious

He's a little eccentric. <45>

Nothing wrong with that. Better than being an asshole, which this site has plenty of.

Back