When was the last we had a fight with Zero weight cutting?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
NOT REFERRING TO HEAVYWEIGHTS.

Conor vs Diaz will be the first time in a very long time where both fighters will basically just fight at their walking weight. I think we will see a better physical version of themselves. When was the last time other then fights on TUF, that both fighters actually did not cut weight? Stann vs Wanderlei? This just proves weight cutting is bullshit.

Last edited:
Outside of HW, it hasn't happened much.

There has been fights with minimal weight cutting though, e.g. Cowboy/Cowboy, Cowboy/Noons, Noons/Stout, Benson/Mavidal, Northcutt/Barberena. They were all regular LW fighters fighting at WW. I think they still all cut weight though.

Then again, both Conor and Nate will be cutting weight for this fight. Nate will probably be cutting 5-15 pounds and Conor will be cutting 5-10 pounds.

Conor vs Diaz will be the first time in a very long time where both fighters will basically just fight at their walking weight. I think we will see a better physical version of themselves. When was the last time other then fights on TUF, that both fighters actually did not cut weight? Stann vs Wanderlei? This just proves weight cutting is bullshit.

#HeavyweightLivesMatter #SayNoToFatShaming #HealthAtAnySize

I heard Conor was 178 or something a day, or two ago. If that's right, he's cutting.

And almost zero of those times did they have better cardio than lighter guys who ate clean and cut some weight lol

Yeh if you plotted cardio vs weight class on a graph you should notice a curve there. That wasn't the question.

It's quite common for HWs to not cut any weight.

I heard Conor was 178 or something a day, or two ago. If that's right, he's cutting.

He is not 178. If he is then he is just eating a shit ton. First Conor cut from 168, then 170 then 173 then 175 and now 178.

Good Cross example would be Benson. Both guys are 5'9 and Ben is a known 175ish and is also way bigger.

If Conor ever fights at 185, then everyone will say he cuts from 200. Everything about the guy is exaggerated.

And almost zero of those times did they have better cardio than lighter guys who ate clean and cut some weight lol
Carrying around 230lbs+ of muscle will be detrimental for you cardio, who knew... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back