When was the LAST TIME you've been to a MALL?

Every other month when I got to Medellin, Colombia. It perplexes me how so many malls went to crap in American are thriving in other countries.

Brit question: is a mall a shopping centre?
Correct. It's when you can access all the stores indoors from a central courtyard. Inside usually looks like an airport. Strip centers/malls are when all the stores are arranged outdoors in a long strip usually with a large single parking lot outside.

Back to the original question, one of my local malls has an Imax theater so I usually go 2 or 3x a year. Went last month to see Dune 2.

I remember malls being a pretty big deal, would always be a massive variety of stores (clothes, electronics, video games, even pets). But now I travel a lot for work and I tend to look up the mall of whatever city I am in, noticing more and more the malls or closed down or are just simply nothing but clothe stores (mostly expensive brands). I guess it makes sense with online shopping, but I used to really enjoy buying a video game, heading to the arcade, and then hitting the food court.

Last Saturday. My mom wanted us to give my uncle a new suitcase as a birthday present and asked me to go get one.

Got him an American Tourister that was on sale. The Samsonites were too freaking expensive.

I suspect the biggest mall here is trying to save on electric bill by turning off several escalators each day.

This took place at a mall. Looks like they have the place to themselves.

Torrance PD cleared those fuckers out quick and keep Del Amo way safer then Long Beach.

Stupid fucking kids need their heads kicked in. I dont care if some of them are teenagers.
this was AMC's fault for advertising $4 movie tickets, when they didnt have capacity to handle such traffic. That is the mall I take my kids to, they are there near weekly and there are new rules for the mall to keep bad behavior down. That portion where they had the brawl is near the section where there are a ton of young families and totally unacceptable for this area. This is more of an anomaly than anything, really atypical behavior, as that place is more on the upscale side.

We have a couple near me in nice areas that do well. I went to one about a month ago just to get some food court slop and it was still great.

I’ve honestly never seen understood the decline of the mall. What’s bad about having a nice place to walk, shop, eat and relax?

Yesterday. It was a ghost town. The Food Court had completely closed down, and at least half the shops were shuttered. It was extremely sad to see.

Back