• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the last time you bought a DVD or Blue Ray whatever physical movie thingy

I brought UFC 40 DVD from a yard sale earlier this year for only $1, and it turned out to be a great purchase.

Firstly the event is very good, a lot of good matches on it. Do I have fightpass? yes, However my subscription was running out and I didn't want to renew

Secondly what I found on the 2 discs were muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better than fightpass version. There is lots of extras, that are not on the internet, only made for the DVD, about 50 minutes of behind the scenes stuff, and also the fights are not edited, you get everything and nothing cut off like on fightpass.

I went back to the yard sale the next day but they didn't have no more UFC, all she had was UFC 40

Have you considered buying a DVD storage thing with plastic sleeves and getting rid of all of the cases?
I have a bunch of those Case Logic plastic page binders and some of them get a bit sticky and nasty. Could be a bad batch using shitty materials.

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-motion-picture-trilogy-extended-edition-blu-ray-image-2.jpg
Although sometimes nice to have, how many of those bonus discs have content worth watching? I remember one special feature had this jackass movie exec acting like he's funny at some street market as if the video was really meant for him to jerk off to rather than to put together something the fans would enjoy watching.

I bought Wonder Woman for my girlfriend for Christmas. I could have bought it on Amazon so she could watch it on demand which would be more convenient, but physical media makes for a better gift.
From an article about iTunes and Bruce Willis, I think if you die, your heirs can't inherit your digital music collection.

Although sometimes nice to have, how many of those bonus discs have content worth watching? I remember one special feature had this jackass movie exec acting like he's funny at some street market as if the video was really meant for him to jerk off to rather than to put together something the fans would enjoy watching.

I get what you are saying but the full trilogy was something I wanted to own on Blu-ray. Its worthy. I find I'm far more likely to buy a box set than I am an individual movie.

A week ago. Saw the Friday the 13th Blu Ray box set that came out a few years ago that's out of print randomly at Game Xchange for $19.99 and remembered it goes for over $200 on eBay.

Here's a great reason to stop buying them:

• In 20 years, DVD players will start at $400 and repairs on your current $200 machine will be a $100 starting.
  • You can find all that shit online.
  • You can store them more efficiently online. You view your collection anywhere in the world.
  • They will eventually stop making TVs that can connect to DVD players. So you'll need to buy adapters.
  • It's retarded. It's like people who still bought 8 tracks tens years after everyone stopped. Eventually the quality of DVD players will drop significantly, reducing any perceived "high quality" or the cost of good DVD players will increase dramatically.
<mma4>

this is rather convincing.

but i watch alot on my laptop an they already made this dell latitude e5470 without a in built cdrom so ihad to purchase one that is usb plug in.. funny that. so tvs have always been av/usb connected to external players, you think they really gonna get rid of those sockets??

I had to think hard about this but it might have been the first Avengers movie on DVD

Frig man you can rent any movie on Youtube or find it by other means off the wonderful world of the internet

I have over a hundred movies on blu ray. I like having a physical collection and as an artist, and one who "studies" the movies, I get a lot of value out of rewatching them. Focusing on different things, the minutae of it all. Also, extra features. I absolutely love directors commentaries and things like that.

Here's a great reason to stop buying them:

• In 20 years, DVD players will start at $400 and repairs on your current $200 machine will be a $100 starting.
  • You can find all that shit online.
  • You can store them more efficiently online. You view your collection anywhere in the world.
  • They will eventually stop making TVs that can connect to DVD players. So you'll need to buy adapters.
  • It's retarded. It's like people who still bought 8 tracks tens years after everyone stopped. Eventually the quality of DVD players will drop significantly, reducing any perceived "high quality" or the cost of good DVD players will increase dramatically.

Wrong.

Back