When was Rousey's Prime?

Rhadi Ferguson,a olympic judoka who has fought at LHW in mma had a roll with Rousey years before she competed in mma,and he of course beat her. He said she was angry and took it very hard,and he asked why,and she said that she felt like she should have won. She has an intense nearly delusional belief in herself,and there is probably no one like that in WMMA with her level of skills. So she goes out there and eats these women up,who have never competed at a level that Ronda is used to,and havent been trained,basically since birth to be an olympic medalist. That supreme confidence and ability put together,there was just no answer to that when she was on top,and the media picked up on this so they kept asking her if she could beat males,cain velasquez,mayweather,God? and she said what she really felt,and the whole thing got super overblown. When she got totally outclassed and embarassed by Holm,it must have been a huge blow to her psyche,and she may never recover from it. Im sure she couldnt handle losing like that,and of course most of the media that hyped her up turned on her. So that savage dominant personality that allows her to walk through most of the fighters she faced,is also kind of her worst enemy,because the fall is so much worse because of it.

I think that's what I thought you meant, but thanks for spelling it out. It does make sense of some very strange behavior from Rousey.

Miesha Tate beat Holly Holm and won the title. Ronda beat her twice. There are like two or three new players tops at the elite level since then,and they still have alot to prove.

This. Tate's win over Holm should mute a lot of that type of criticism if anyone stopped to consider it.

I think that's what I thought you meant, but thanks for spelling it out. It does make sense of some very strange behavior from Rousey.

Im sure she take things too personal sometimes,and with all the media...reality gets totally distorted,in good times and in bad.

She'd be in her prime today if she knew how to take a loss.

This a thousand times! If she can get her shit together (assuming she hasn't already) she will be champ again and and start a new win streak that will more than likely last until she retires. Mark my words, her prime is yet to come.

A lot of people know her more for her fighting than the olympics

Good for those people that know her because of fighting. I'm not sure how that makes an Olympic medal any less valuable but cool.

Probably when she's right out of the shower.

She's still in her prime. She just needs to work some stuff out. She'll be back and be Champ again, imo. Holly and Meisha are in the same boat now,(not to same extent) they have to come back from devastating losses. I don't see any dominant fighters in the division.

She'd be in her prime today if she knew how to take a loss.
In all seriousness she should talk to Tate. Tate knows how to take a loss and get better. She is nowhere near as talented as Rousey imo, but she is mentally stronger and it isn't even close.

Up until LHK of doom. Puzzle is solved.

Who is this Rousey chick does she have a Wikipedia?

Edit: ok I see she has a Judo background, that's cool but in this era of elite level WBW strikers with great footwork and TDD I'm not sure how far it's going to get her tbh.

In all seriousness she should talk to Tate. Tate knows how to take a loss and get better. She is nowhere near as talented as Rousey imo, but she is mentally stronger and it isn't even close.

Great point. Of course, Ronda seems to have burnt a lot of bridges with Tate, when she could have buried the hatchet instead.

Ronda-Rousey-Refuses-Miesha-Tates-Handshake-1560x690_c.jpg

Back