International When the not so secret relationship, meets the reality of Saudi public opinion. Israel embarassed

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Saudi minister says Israeli passport holders cannot visit: CNN

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's foreign minister said Israelis were not welcome to visit the kingdom after Israel decreed that Israeli citizens could visit Saudi Arabia under certain circumstances, CNN reported on Monday.

"Our policy is fixed. We do not have relations with the state of Israel and Israeli passport holders cannot visit the kingdom at the current time," the U.S. broadcaster quoted Prince Faisal bin Farhan as saying.

A statement from Israel's interior minister on Sunday said Israelis - if invited and permitted by Saudi authorities - would be allowed to travel there for religious reasons on pilgrimage or for up to nine days for business reasons such as investment or meetings.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1ZQ1TH

Oh, this story is delicious.

I guess when you are the House of Saud, and you have to keep your secret love affair, a secret from your citizens, who hate Israel just as much as any Iranian does, things can get complicated.

I mean Israel must feel used and abused. Ol' Bonesaw won't even bring his little trist home to meet the family.

Little too worried the family might start chanting death to Israel, and try and stone his secret lover.

Discuss.......

Its definitely a bad look for the Israeli Interior Minister but at the same time do Israelis really care that they can't visit Saudi Arabia? Somehow, I doubt it.

Its definitely a bad look for the Israeli Interior Minister but at the same time do Israelis really care that they can't visit Saudi Arabia? Somehow, I doubt it.

I would be worried if my number 2 ally in the world, also hated me as much as my enemy does.

Not sure why Saudi is still playing this farcical game. They’re almost universally hated amongst Middle-Easterners and Muslims anyway, and their love affair with Israel is an open secret. MBS, through his policies, has made it clear that he’s a secularist and the third wave wahabi/najdi movement has nothing to offer to oppose him. The Saudi state has been an anti-Muslim entity since it’s inception.

These two are hilarious. They hate each other, yet hate Iran more so they pretend to play cute until once in a while things like this happen out in the open.

It's literally the Jack V Savage, Fawlty VS Trotsky just with countries instead of posters.

Yeah but did you know that Bernie Sanders and Ilhan Omar are anti-semites?

I would be worried if my number 2 ally in the world, also hated me as much as my enemy does.

Pretty sure the feeling is mutual with israel. Its simply an alliance of conveniences not ideology or religion.

Israel has a sizeable muslim population, isnt it like an obligation to visit Mecca at least once?

Israel has a sizeable muslim population, isnt it like an obligation to visit Mecca at least once?
Yeah that's a good point, wonder how they try and meet that obligation.
Pretty sure the feeling is mutual with israel. Its simply an alliance of conveniences not ideology or religion.
I don't think Israelis hate Saudis as much as the other way around.

Hmmm, questionable.

I'm pretty sure Nutty Nety said Israel is for Jews only.

So are they Israelis if the leader of the country won't recognize them?

Hmmm, questionable.

I'm pretty sure Nutty Nety said Israel is for Jews only.

So are they Israelis if the leader of the country won't recognize them?

Well, for Nety they probably shouldnt be Israelis, but they carry Israeli passports.

stop watching so much cnn, and no I dont reccomend fox either

Ha!

What mainstream outlet is telling you anything but SA, and Israel are all sunshine and rainbows, and Iran is literal satanic demons bringing the anti-christ to life?

I don't think Israelis hate Saudis as much as the other way around.

tenor.gif

In the past Palestinian Israelis would go to Jordan and get temporary travel visas from Jordan to perform the Hajj.

Last year Saudi Arabia changed their policy on this and banned that. Many think it was a gesture toward Israel so Palestinian refugees would move to get permanent status in Arab nations and give up on right of return into Israel.

I assume that Saudi's desalination plants are made by Israeli technology.

Plus, the Red Sea has good diving spots.

In the past Palestinian Israelis would go to Jordan and get temporary travel visas from Jordan to perform the Hajj.

Last year Saudi Arabia changed their policy on this and banned that. Many think it was a gesture toward Israel so Palestinian refugees would move to get permanent status in Arab nations and give up on right of return into Israel.

interesting point. I just looked up an article on this https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/saudi-arabia-bars-nearly-3-million-palestinians-hajj-and-umrah

assumptions ITT aside, this seems a more likely underpinning for the Saudi statement.

Back