When Khabib returns, why not Barboza?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
I know everyone is salivating at the thought of Nate Diaz, but as a fan of both Diaz brothers, I can say I'm completely uninterested in seeing that fight. Diaz has long had a whole in his game in the form of TDD and the last thing i want to see is Khabib grinding him out while Nate is slapping him from the bottom.

Barboza is #7 and one of the better strikers in the top 10. He is also highly athletic and has good footwork, as well as statistically a very good defensive wrestling game. His weakness is guys who can out strike him while leaving him no space to kick. I am curious to see Khabibs pressure verses Barboza's footwork and damaging kicks (a few leg kicks and it's a different fight).

I find it stylistically appealing and a very good fight. Thoughts?

I think Khabib vs Pettis is most likely.

We all know Khabib wrecks Nate :wink:

Makes sense, but let Khabib destroy Nathan first.

It would be more competitive than the Diaz fight, and I can see why a Diaz fan wouldn't want it.

I am all for Nate-Khabib. Sure somewhere around the thirtieth takedown it would get a bit dull, but Nate trying to slap Khabib wold keep it entertaining.

It would be more competitive than the Diaz fight, and I can see why a Diaz fan wouldn't want it.

I am all for Nate-Khabib. Sure somewhere around the thirtieth takedown it would get a bit dull, but Nate trying to slap Khabib wold keep it entertaining.

I like Nate as a fighter, but I don't think he's elite anymore. The only way he wins a top 10 fight is if it was a stylistic gift. Most LWs in the top 15 destroy him imo

Good fight. Can Khabib take Barboza down?

barboza didn't insult his ancestors by throwing a bottle. it's personal, man. just wait for the embedded - "he shouldn't have thrown that bottle".

disrispec.

I also believe the UFC would do everything they can to keep an exciting striker such as Barboza away from a blanket.

Also nothing sounds more fun than your first fight in over a year after multiple knee injuries than a fight against the best Muy-Thai kicker of legs that has ever existed in the known realm.

Last edited:
I don't want to see Khabib nullify a mega exciting striker. It's much more entertaining for me when grapplers are matched up with other guys who can grapple as well, because it's interesting to see if they can still impose their will. Khabib vs winner of Johnson vs Dariush would be nice, for example.

If Dos Anjos is still champion I say just give him a title shot.

Barbosa of Johnson make more sense. Jonson have a fight?

If Dos Anjos is still champion I say just give him a title shot.

He would have to wait too long for that. Cowboy has him next which no question should be the next contender. This means Khabib wont get the title fight till Spring, he will be out 2 years almost at that time. He should take a fight very soon

Khabib vs Nate then for the title.

How in hell does Nate deserve a shot against someone like Khabib? Is Nate even ranked in the top 15?

And aside from the ranking disparity... is there anyone that thinks this will be a good fight anyway? Its not going to be exciting. It'll be Nate getting ragdolled over and over and over while doing his stupid meanmug and slapping like a bitch cause he doesn't have ANYTHING for someone like Khabib.

The only reason the Diaz's can attempt to stay relevant is by doing stupid shit that only WorldStar HipHop fans get a kick out of.

I also believe the UFC would do everything they can to keep an exciting striker such as Barboza away from a blanket.

Also nothing sounds more fun than your first fight in over a year after multiple knee injuries than a fight against the best Muy-Thai kicker of legs that has ever existed in the known realm.

When you put it that way it sounds even better.

Back