When Is Shogun Going to Retire?

Wasn't Nog's UFC one an interim?

EDIT: I know Shogun won a tournament, and not an official championship, but wasn't Arona the champ at the time? Who Shogun hammer-fisted into oblivion to win the tournament.
Arona was never champion.

Also it's funny to think that he'd probably KO Chris Weidman at this point.

Shogun should keep fighting as long as he wants to! As long as he don’t get ktfo, I don’t see any problem fighting at 37?

I've got a feeling he'll end up at some bare knuckle event after UFC eventually let's him go, and his sadist fans will enjoy it.

What it goes back to with Shogun Rua is yes he has had a hall of fame career no doubt
but he really isn't a high level fighter main eventing or contending for belts like he used
to do when he was a younger fighter so I truthfully would like to see him move into a role
of mentoring young fighters or even coaching since he has a wealth of experience that
is very valuable to a young fighter just getting started.

Mark Coleman
Antonio Nogueira
Mauricio Rua

All 3 men won titles in UFC & PRIDE
Not really. As others noted above, Shogun and Coleman won GPs, and were presented trophies but they were not titles that were ever defended.

Edit - I think Shogun got a belt for his GP win as well, but it wasn't a title. I don't think Coleman got a belt for his 2000 OW GP win, just a trophy.

Only Big Nog held actual titles in both orgs. You can argue that his UFC one was an interim if you're shallow enough.

I will support Shogun to the very end. One of my all-time favourite fighters. Chute Boxe never die!

2 fights left.

After he KTFO 's the bearjew he should fight Weidmen and retire.

What it goes back to with Shogun Rua is yes he has had a hall of fame career no doubt
but he really isn't a high level fighter main eventing or contending for belts like he used
to do when he was a younger fighter so I truthfully would like to see him move into a role
of mentoring young fighters or even coaching since he has a wealth of experience that
is very valuable to a young fighter just getting started.

He's been fighting nothing but outside top 5 guys since 2015, still ranked top15 but not contenders. And he's gone 4-1 doing so, 5-1 if he wins tomorrow. You gotta figure that he's gonna fight a contender in his next fight so he can take a crack at the title. He's mentioned that he's taking it slow fight by fight until his time comes.

He was almost there last year when Cormier was champ and said if he beats Smith then he's fighting Shogun and giving a him a shot. Too bad Shogun didn't make it out of the first minute with Smith. Although, I don't know if Jones will give him the same shot and consideration.

I think his plan is obviously to win tomorrow and then have a long anticipated showdown with Glover, if not then another high profile contender. And if Shogun wins that, then he'll call for a title shot. And I think at that point he would deserve it.

2 fights left.

After he KTFO 's the bearjew he should fight Weidmen and retire.

I hope he blasts buddy tomorrow and then I hope it's Glover. Anyhow, if Shogun happens to win tomorrow and then somehow manages to beat a Glover or a top contender after that, he's gotta ask for a title fight. That should be his retirement fight if he makes it that far.

> I’m young; I’m 37. Demian (Maia) is 42 and just reached his prime recently.

Shogun has been in wars Maia was never in. The age comparison is also invalid. Shogun isn't just reaching his prime, and 42 without career wars doesn't compare to 37 with wars.

Back