"When he hit Silva, I didn't See Any Pop in Those Punches"

<6>Hahahahaha sorry mate
Time to slowly walk away
giphy.gif

He's not wrong. People often compare Israel to Anderson, but Anderson had kill-shot power in his punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. Israel is very skilled on the feet, but he doesn't necessarily have a ton of pop.

That being said, he's clearly more skilled on the feet than Kelvin. While Kelvin certainly has enough power to land a big shot, I think his best chance is to be more diverse and mix in clinches and takedowns.

Gastelum won't be thinking about the lack of pop in Adesanya's punches when he's eating a bunch of knees.

Gastelum is right, Izzy doesn't have a lot of power in those punches. Gastelum can KO both.

Izzy is gonna have to really hurt him to get any advantage in this fight. Kelvin's gameplan is 100% pressure striking and mixing in takedowns, scoring on the ground, keeping Adesanya working at Kelvin's pace. The only other potential issue is whether or not his own cardio will hold up. He's gonna wanna look like a mini-Velasquez in there.
The only way Izzy staves off Kelvin dictating the pace and positions is to hurt him early. He's gonna have to throw hard and even there he's gonna have to worry about getting popped on the counter cause Kelvin definitely has the power to put him to sleep.

As a fan of Izzy, he is getting grapplefucked.
<34>

Not necessarily saying with certainty that Israel will win, think it's close to 50/50

but, I'm pretty confident that Israel went out there and had a glorified sparring match with one of his idols.

I think many fighters would do the same thing as well. Anderson Inspired a whole generation, being the guy who puts him out of the sport..surely can't feel too good. The fight Israel had with Anderson, everyone wins..The only caveat is the fans underrating Adesanya now.

Sorry folks this needs a bump

ElectricSmoothCaracal-size_restricted.gif

UniformRaggedGrouse-size_restricted.gif

People get deluded when they don't like a fighter. Adesanya is now 17-0 with 13 KO's, really it should be 14 KO's because the fight with Kelvin should have been stopped.

Back