• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When GSP beat Hendricks :

Happy birthday appreciate the effort and the post. I have to disagree with the overall.premise not the math contained within. The premise being that the records posted show dominance by the title contender sliding into the title fights.
My issue is that the competition was weak and the chain of competitors was not as good as you or any of the gsp fans say.
I know I can be a bit divisive in my critiques, but I feel like there is absolute substance in my posts otherwise why would I get so many likes. The reason is that a huge portion of the mma community feels identical to myself.
We may not see eye to eye on this issue or many others but I always appreciate the time and effort to dissect different viewpoints. Unlike thunderpuss who is one of the worst of the worst on here, just unapologetically rude and full of vitriol for any dissenting opinion. The dude is a massive tool.
I question the level of comp of koscheck, alves, condit, Diaz, hardy, serra, Hughes 2&3, Penn 2. He only finished serra and that was after a devastating ko loss to him. You have to understand the critiques I bring to the table are valid and 100% open to discussion.
What makes us (the people who don't think Georges is a goat) annoyed is when his supporters blindly say he's the goat and anyone who disagrees must be a moron. His case is 100% open to interpretation, and my interpretation is that he fought the weakest comp out of any of the goat candidates and has the least finishes and left the sport the soonest. Isn't that at least valid to critique?

thanks and for the record I don't have an issue with most of your comments. A lot of what you post is intelligent and well thought out.

That said, when we are talking GOAT candidates from my perspective its GSP and Fedor.

Strength of opponent is applicable to all GOAT candidates. Fedor smashed a ton of cans in his heyday and I don't hold it against him.

Regarding GSP, you have to look at his opponents at the time he fought them. Its not realistic to compare the WW group back in 2010 to today (although personally i think it was a lot more diverse). At the time he ran through his title defense, those guys were the top WW in the world (with a couple of exceptions outside the org like Lima).

And I agree Kos and Hardy were not the strongest opponents but that's partly because Hardy didn't have any really big wins and I never could stand Koscheck.

thanks and for the record I don't have an issue with most of your comments. A lot of what you post is intelligent and well thought out.

That said, when we are talking GOAT candidates from my perspective its GSP and Fedor.

Strength of opponent is applicable to all GOAT candidates. Fedor smashed a ton of cans in his heyday and I don't hold it against him.

Regarding GSP, you have to look at his opponents at the time he fought them. Its not realistic to compare the WW group back in 2010 to today (although personally i think it was a lot more diverse). At the time he ran through his title defense, those guys were the top WW in the world (with a couple of exceptions outside the org like Lima).

And I agree Kos and Hardy were not the strongest opponents but that's partly because Hardy didn't have any really big wins and I never could stand Koscheck.

Hespect

tenor (6).gif

I've already had sex with more than one woman.
200.gif

LMAO, the very definition of gotten to. Every post was whining about GSP fans or spreading conspiracy theories. See you on your next account, sucka.

He’ll be back on his 1000th account don’t you worry

I question the level of comp of koscheck, alves, condit, Diaz, hardy, serra, Hughes 2&3, Penn 2. He only finished serra and that was after a devastating ko loss to him.
No, he also finished prime Hughes (twice), who has a win over your GOAT candidate, and prime BJ Penn, your goat candidate (Penn tapped to strikes between rounds/quit on the stool, most dominant type of finish)
BJ also couldn't even finish Matt Serra <Fedor23>neither could Hughes. So finishing him is pretty impressive; no one aside from Shonie Carter finished Serra, little dude was tough as nails.

Jon Fitch and Nick Diaz both beat BJ, and GSP beat both of them.

I "only" consider GSP the UFC goat if we disqualify Jon Jones... and Jones beat a lot of guys who were on the downside of their careers, while GSP fought almost everyone while they were at their best; which should count for something.

It's only logical than a BJ Penn super fan would dislike Georges, who is 2-0 against him in his prime... but then who could be the UFC GOAT?

Jon Jones is an acceptable answer, and IIRC was number 2 behind GSP for all the recent GOAT polls [not including my personal MMA GOAT Fedor since he was never in the UFC], if we don't DQ him for PEDs.
Plus, he has a lot of decisions (I don't mind decisions, but since lots of GSP haters keep bringing it up...), and many sherdoggers feels that he's lost to Gus, Reyes and Santos.

José Aldo has had an incredible run since the start of his career (with one random loss at Jungle Fight), and he never pissed hot. Then he lost in dramatic fashion against McGregor, and got fucked over by Dana (who never liked him because not marketable enough) who never allowed a rematch; not that Conor offered, but still.
After so much dominance, you should get a rematch, especially since he beat Frankie Edgar again after that loss.

Anderson Silva if we allow steroids users too could be a candidate, but he's lost soooo many times in his prime to much smaller guys, and never avenged any of his losses (except for the weird DQ against Okami of course), now way he's possibly in the discussion.

Many people also consider his decision win over Derek Brunson to be bullshit
MEDIA SCORES
Sean Ross Sapp
Fightful.com 29-28 Silva
Mike Sloan
Sherdog.com 29-28 Silva
Steve Duncan
mma.uno 29-28 Silva
Nick Baldwin
BloodyElbow.com 29-28 Silva
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Brunson
Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Brunson
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Brunson
Matthew Wells
mmalatestnews.com 28-29 Brunson
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Brunson
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Brunson
Seán Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 28-29 Brunson
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Brunson
Wesley Riddle
MMASucka.com 28-29 Brunson
Felipe Freitas
mmabrasil.com.br 28-29 Brunson
Rob Young
CombatPress.com 28-29 Brunson
Steven Kelliher
Tapology.com 28-30 Brunson
Jim Edwards
MMALatestNews.com 27-30 Brunson
John Pollock
Fight Network 27-30 Brunson
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 27-30 Brunson
Marc Raimondi
MMAFighting.com 27-30 Brunson
MMAJunkie.com 27-30 Brunson
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Brunson
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 27-30 Brunson
MMAMania.com 27-30 Brunson
Without that lucky break from the judges, Anderson would join BJ Penn at the "most losses in a row in the UFC" club <6>
At the very least, Penn never pissed hot... was he using PEDs? Who's to say? Many point to the gut that you see popping on this gif for instance:

and other pictures, and call it suspect... but I don't think just a few pictures taken when Penn was, maybe, breathing deeply after a huge meal, or knocked the fuck out by some random drunk is enough to convict him without more proof.

Anyway, you guys are still in 2020 in the US? Here it's 9 o'clock Friday in the morning... 2021 seems safe so far.

Last edited:
0223-spt-col-cowan-1.jpg

“It takes a lot of discipline to become and stay champion. It also takes a lot of discipline to stop while still feeling that you’re in the best physical and mental shape of your life, but I’ve always planned to leave the sport when I’m at the top and in good health,” St-Pierre said during his announcement at the Bell Centre.

“I want to thank my family, my fans, my coaches, trainers and training partners, my sponsors and my agents for their … support during all these years. I will forever be grateful for the work of (former UFC bosses) Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, as well as (UFC president) Dana White and all UFC employees for giving me the opportunity to showcase my skills before the world, from UFC 46 to UFC 217.

“I also want to thank each of my opponents. All of them are incredible athletes who brought out the best in me. I retire from competition with great pride at having had a positive impact on my sport. I intend to keep training and practising martial arts for as long as I live and I look forward to watching the new generation of champions carry our sport into the future.”

May 2021 be a great year for GSP, can't wait to watch him as Batroc the Leaper again in Team Zemo
Would be awesome to watch Georges and Khabib grapple a couple times for charity or something; not a MMA bout, just some good old no-Gi submission grappling.
Both guys like to stay in shape and keep training, and respect the heck out of each other... and it might solve the weight class problem, as Khabib would be more willing to agree to meet at catchweight if his legacy is not on the line.

WAR GSP

“It takes a lot of discipline to become and stay champion. It also takes a lot of discipline to stop while still feeling that you’re in the best physical and mental shape of your life, but I’ve always planned to leave the sport when I’m at the top and in good health,” St-Pierre said during his announcement at the Bell Centre.

“I want to thank my family, my fans, my coaches, trainers and training partners, my sponsors and my agents for their … support during all these years. I will forever be grateful for the work of (former UFC bosses) Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, as well as (UFC president) Dana White and all UFC employees for giving me the opportunity to showcase my skills before the world, from UFC 46 to UFC 217.

“I also want to thank each of my opponents. All of them are incredible athletes who brought out the best in me. I retire from competition with great pride at having had a positive impact on my sport. I intend to keep training and practising martial arts for as long as I live and I look forward to watching the new generation of champions carry our sport into the future.”

May 2021 be a great year for GSP, can't wait to watch him as Batroc the Leaper again in Team Zemo
Would be awesome to watch Georges and Khabib grapple a couple times for charity or something; not a MMA bout, just some good old no-Gi submission grappling.
Both guys like to stay in shape and keep training, and respect the heck out of each other... and it might solve the weight class problem, as Khabib would be more willing to agree to meet at catchweight if his legacy is not on the line.
BJ no.gif

One of the very few No Rush fans who deserve hespekt...

D´fuk you´re doin´ among that weak crew, mate? Better join full time Da SAKU G. crew...

Isaac Hayes beer.gif

View attachment 823271

One of the very few No Rush fans who deserve hespekt...

D´fuk you´re doin´ among that weak crew, mate? Better join full time Da SAKU G. crew...

O Gono! Why are you Gono?”
750 × 1124

Sakuraba is my all-time favorite fighter, he's the reason I got invested in PRIDE so much in the first place, my very first MMA collector items were some of his books (even if I don't speak a word of Japanese), and... shit, I even have a Saku-related tattoo <{CMPALM}>
(first time I'm sharing that here, fuck it, it's 2021, CHAaAaAaANGE)
Saku is the only one of my "favorite fighters list" I haven't had the privilege of watching fight live-in-person-at-an-actual-event and I'll take that regret to my tomb.

My allegiances are to Sakuraba first, team Hammer House second... and GSP third <DCrying>
Much like Montagues and Capulets, our cyber-beer drinking sessions just weren't meant to be...

I'm a Georges St-Pierre dickrider, you're an Anderson Silva nuthugger.
The best we can do is keep missing each other on purpose when our rival gangs are throwing hands, and then keep meeting in secret in the Worlwide MMA Discussion

merry-christmas-joyeux-noel-poster.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for any new threads from you, let's hope 2021 will bring you plenty of inspiration, mon ami
Que Georges te bénisse

You think Carlos condit is.some.sort of legend? His skill level was thru the roof but he had no tdd and hos best win was dan hardy and stun gun.
Thiago alves was terrible. He beat aging Hughes, karo who was admittedly on drugs and josh koscheck who went 0-6 all knockouts to.end his average pedestrian career. Thiago alves went 6-10 to finish his career and if you even watched the fights he legit lost 2 rounds to Seth bascinzki and Jordan mein was absolutely beating him to death before Jordan retired in the cage. Hats off to thiago he is as tough as they come but he was average at best. This isn't a legacy win pal.
Im not going into LW bj Penn And almost 40 Hughes you can search and see my thoughts on that.
Sherk was 37 when George beat him. Sherk is 48 years old now. If Georges fought him.in the 90s maybe that would have been fair.
Karo is and was always trash. You don't sound old school.and OG praising him. He had a few wins and survived fights without getting finished. So did Phil baroni. He is irrelevant in the history books of mma.
None of these are legacy wins. Stop pounding your chest like king Kong thinking this is a gotcha moment. He didn't even finish this average lineup aside from AARP Hughes.
Help me out here, man
I forgot- who was it that got knocked out by some drunk, fat red neck in front of a strip club or whatever? Was that GSP, or BJ Penn?

O Gono! Why are you Gono?”
750 × 1124

Sakuraba is my all-time favorite fighter, he's the reason I got invested in PRIDE so much in the first place, my very first MMA collector items were some of his books (even if I don't speak a word of Japanese), and... shit, I even have a Saku-related tattoo <{CMPALM}>
(first time I'm sharing that here, fuck it, it's 2021, CHAaAaAaANGE)
Saku is the only one of my "favorite fighters list" I haven't had the privilege of watching fight live-in-person-at-an-actual-event and I'll take that regret to my tomb.

My allegiances are to Sakuraba first, team Hammer House second... and GSP third <DCrying>
Much like Montagues and Capulets, our cyber-beer drinking sessions just weren't meant to be...

I'm a Georges St-Pierre dickrider, you're an Anderson Silva nuthugger.
The best we can do is keep missing each other on purpose when our rival gangs are throwing hands, and then keep meeting in secret in the Worlwide MMA Discussion
uh... Where did you get that, about Gono bein´ a Spider nuthuggah?

wt.png

Im from da SAKU G. crew, Chuteboxe is di enemy... more or less...

You think Carlos condit is.some.sort of legend? His skill level was thru the roof but he had no tdd and hos best win was dan hardy and stun gun.
Thiago alves was terrible. He beat aging Hughes, karo who was admittedly on drugs and josh koscheck who went 0-6 all knockouts to.end his average pedestrian career. Thiago alves went 6-10 to finish his career and if you even watched the fights he legit lost 2 rounds to Seth bascinzki and Jordan mein was absolutely beating him to death before Jordan retired in the cage. Hats off to thiago he is as tough as they come but he was average at best. This isn't a legacy win pal.
Im not going into LW bj Penn And almost 40 Hughes you can search and see my thoughts on that.
Sherk was 37 when George beat him. Sherk is 48 years old now. If Georges fought him.in the 90s maybe that would have been fair.
Karo is and was always trash. You don't sound old school.and OG praising him. He had a few wins and survived fights without getting finished. So did Phil baroni. He is irrelevant in the history books of mma.
None of these are legacy wins. Stop pounding your chest like king Kong thinking this is a gotcha moment. He didn't even finish this average lineup aside from AARP Hughes.
Dude ,stop pulling the age of fighters out of your arse? Do you not check before typing?
First it was Hughes being 40 when he was 34 and now with the GSP/Sherk fight which was in November 2005, Sherk is 47...he was 32 when they fought....hardly 37 now is it ?

uh... Where did you get that, about Gono bein´ a Spider nuthuggah?

View attachment 823277

Im from da SAKU G. crew, Chuteboxe is di enemy... more or less...
Wait, Shogun, Ninja, Jean "White Bear" Silva and Wanderlei Silva are from Team Chute Boxe, we can't turn on them :eek: The Chuteraba era pretty much brought me peace of heart when it comes to that particular rivalry.

.... and you're not an Anderson Silva fanboy? Nani?
So it's BJ Penn, then? It is said that "there isn't a single GSP hater who isn't a salty fan of either Anderson or Penn" <KhabibBS>

Whichever it is, these guys are pretty much all retired now... it's high time for me to fish in the new pond and leave the mistakes of the past in 2020.
Which reminds me that I haven't even watched RIZIN 26 yet;I meant to keep away from Sherdog and its spoilers before I've checked it out, let's see what Japan has to offer when it comes to rising talent.

Wait, Shogun, Ninja, Jean "White Bear" Silva and Wanderlei Silva are from Team Chute Boxe, we can't turn on them :eek: The Chuteraba era pretty much brought me peace of heart when it comes to that particular rivalry.

.... and you're not an Anderson Silva fanboy? Nani?
So it's BJ Penn, then? It is said that "there isn't a single GSP hater who isn't a salty fan of either Anderson or Penn" <KhabibBS>

Whichever it is, these guys are pretty much all retired now... it's high time for me to fish in the new pond and leave the mistakes of the past in 2020.
Which reminds me that I haven't even watched RIZIN 26 yet;I meant to keep away from Sherdog and its spoilers before I've checked it out, let's see what Japan has to offer when it comes to rising talent.
Neither Spider nor BJ fanboy...

Wand... Greasin´in Brazil...

wand vase 1.gif wand vase 2.gif wand vase 3.gifwand vase 4.gif

That´s a big No-No...

Go-No... Believe me...

rampageletdown.gif

More like SAKU, Kanehara, Allan Goes, Tamura, TK, Nog,Volk Han,Kopylov, Ronin,Kimo,Oleg, Huas, Minowaman... those dudes...

Proof he was roided? GSP fans making accusations again?
Given how his downfall showed out to be in relation to the timing of the introduction of relevant testings, it’s beyond reasonable doubt that Hendricks was juiced. That’s sufficient as far as proof goes. Don’t have a biased mindset, you’ll fail in life brother...

Back