When does overthinking become anxiety?

Use it or be abused by it. Anxiety is just low level persistent fear except in severe or neurological cases. Looking at emotions as positive or negative is a mistake imo.

The people who say anxiety this that, they've never experienced true anxiety
Every night I try and fall a sleep, I can't feel like I can breathe, a huge weight on my chest, gasping for breath
I think I'm gonna die, but I keep going

You'd call 9/11

The people who say anxiety this that, they've never experienced true anxiety
Every night I try and fall a sleep, I can't feel like I can breathe, a huge weight on my chest, gasping for breath
I think I'm gonna die, but I keep going

You'd call 9/11

You get tested for sleep apnea, brah?

I can relate to this question. I got switched to graveyard due to covid and for the first time I understand what people mean by "anxiety". I don't know if its the lack of sleep or drinking way too much caffeine but my mind has been racing with "what ifs" about dumb shit I've done in the past. Some of it ten years ago or more. I can't stop thinking about it and its a pretty horrible feeling
Caffeine can be an issue for sure. More than 2 cups of coffee at day and I'm a wreck.

I'm overthinking job-related questions to the point of dreaming with them, and it's indeed terrible. A part of me kind of wishes they would just fire me so I could find a job that causes me less stress. Too bad I can't afford being unemployed right now.
Been there. Waking up at 3AM thinking about work was part of my routine.
Get the hell out of there as soon as you can. There is life after that.

As far as I'm aware they're interconnected, at least I don't know of any 'overthinkers' who aren't anxious.

When you start believing in your stupid thoughts and attach emotionally to them as if they are real. Aka illusion.

Illusion leads to suffering. Buddhism 101.
Calling your thoughts stupid is making a value judgment and attaching emotion to them ;)

So what happens when an overthinker gets stoned? Brain explodes?

As far as I'm aware they're interconnected, at least I don't know of any 'overthinkers' who aren't anxious.

Calling your thoughts stupid is making a value judgment and attaching emotion to them ;)
You're right, but inconsequentially so.

Good thing is, it doesn't matter ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back