When do you know you've made it?

when the day to day, month to month daily living going out and the like can be done without actually needing a job but still you have one

For me, I'll have "made it" when I'm able to set my own schedule. Meaning, I'm making enough with my website that I can quit my job. However, it's like getting a black belt in BJJ. "Arriving" at that level is just the first step in the "I've made it" league. After that, there are many more steps to take (stripes to earn). Constant work every day. It will continue forever. Always progressing, enjoying the journey, and always striving. This is life.

I should retire from the military at age 41. That pension will be half of what I make and always coming to my bank acct every month. As long as I spend less than half of what I earn at that time, I should be good to go. Then I can start a business and focus on helping others; hopefully the wife won't spend all my money.

Of course "making it" is all subjective and is different for everybody. At 34 I never stress about money and that feels pretty good. By the time I'm 50 I'll have a different definition...I expect to have several rental properties and substantial assets.

when you're able to survive a week in the wilderness with nothing but a knife, you've become yourself a man.

Haha, ya, its not exactly required, however it is a good investment in your staff. For example they need someone to build an imaging solution for the deployment of a new operating system. They havent had anyone since @sodapopinsky has left. I would be more than willing to pick it up if the department paid for my training, since it would look great on my resume, and they would be getting me to do it for a steal.
I don't think you understand just how much work it is to learn that stuff and how little they actually teach you in training. 90% of what I built was figured out by me just doing trial and error. In training, they basically taught Image X and DISM the entire time, then did the last day on WDS. And the last day is always short. They basically showed me how to put WDS on the server 2008 so that I could build out WDS. But they didn't actually show me how to build it out.

So, if you don't want to work hard, I would suggest leaving all that shit to someone else.

In your position I wouldn't leave. I'm at a similar position now and it's all about my free time now. I try to get as much free time as I can. O&G companies are great for this because they waste so much money and have so many useless positions that you can get by doing very little and being paid more than most in your industry.

For me it's: inner peace + fuck you money and the resource and time to help others.

I don't think you understand just how much work it is to learn that stuff and how little they actually teach you in training. 90% of what I built was figured out by me just doing trial and error. In training, they basically taught Image X and DISM the entire time, then did the last day on WDS. And the last day is always short. They basically showed me how to put WDS on the server 2008 so that I could build out WDS. But they didn't actually show me how to build it out.

So, if you don't want to work hard, I would suggest leaving all that shit to someone else.
No I want you to come back and do it you fruitloop. Why so serious? I nailed the interview but that supervisor was odd, very odd. Could not get her to smile even once, meanwhile I had her boss laughing pretty good.

Ill just be over here playing gta 5 online...

No I want you to come back and do it you fruitloop. Why so serious? I nailed the interview but that supervisor was odd, very odd. Could not get her to smile even once, meanwhile I had her boss laughing pretty good.

Ill just be over here playing gta 5 online...
Because I think even with the training, you wouldn't be able to figure out WDS, much less how I built it. And that would look very bad for you. They would be giving you the training you demanded, and then after that you wouldn't be able to deliver.

Because I think even with the training, you wouldn't be able to figure out WDS, much less how I built it. And that would look very bad for you. They would be giving you the training you demanded, and then after that you wouldn't be able to deliver.
Thank god Im high, otherwise I might think you were being kind of an arrogant person.

If you can afford to say no to an extra 16k a year, you're probably doing alright.

But "made it"? Nah. I imagine "made it" to mean you could walk away from your job, never work again, and still never worry about money.

Still haven't made it.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-28%20at%204.44.24%20PM_zpszgsetb6x.png

When you have enough Instagram followers that you get paid 50k for drinking ice tea with a bunch of titties in your face you've made it.

I'm 40 and don't have a home. $0 on 401K. Poor life choices, ya know.

But I have kids and stay at home, er, rented apt wife, so I have to come up with something.

As of now I'm making 150K base and bonuses, but it's just not enough.

So for me this is it moment is going to happen when I get 250K base and 1M on bank account and paid off house. Not even sure if it's possible in this life
You make that much and don't have anything saved or have equity in a home? No offense, but you sound terrible at budgeting your money. Is something else going on there that you aren't telling us?

To keep up with the Joneses, you must live in a house worth $1,000,000, earn a joint salary of at least $200,000, and have two cars in the driveway, valued around at least $70,000 each. You have to take at least 2 adequately long vacations a year and shop at least once a week at a fancy department store or enjoy some fine dining.

Thank god Im high, otherwise I might think you were being kind of an arrogant person.
I'm just being realistic. If you don't want to work hard at some other job, you are definitely not going to want to put the work in it would take to reverse engineer the WDS I built.

Back