When Dillashaw comes back Bantamweight might legit be the best division in UFC.

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think his suspension ends in early 2021 so hopefully he’ll still be in fighting shape and keep his phenomenal fight IQ because man the top 5 would literally be full of killers at that point. Dillashaw vs Cejudo 2, Dillashaw vs Moraes, Dillashaw vs Yan, Dillashaw vs Sterling, Dillashaw vs O’Malley potentially if the right requirements are met Dillashaw vs Garbrandt. If Dana made Dillashaw vs Aldo in a 5 rounder would basically be the first ppv I pay to attend no matter where it’s scheduled.

I would enjoy watching TJ decapitate Cejudo at 135.

I don't know why people say TJ has phenomenal fight IQ. The dude almost gets knocked out in almost all of his fights (in fact, he did get finished in his last fight). He's practically a brawler.

Seriously, look at all of his latest fights. I remember people used to say he is the greatest fighter in the UFC P4P and the most well-rounded, and that he is technically more skilled than anyone. I just never saw that - I saw a striker that likes to brawl, and with a relatively weak chin who relies on his fast recovery.

With that being said, his fights are good and I always look forward to them.

He likely comes back before Cruz, no question

When is sugar back? Feels like years since his last appearance

Putting Dillashaw up against any top 5 opponent when he comes back would probably end up like Ngannou/Velasquez. Not a good idea, he should get a tune-up fight.
When is suger back? Feels like years since his last appearance
He's fighting in UFC 248 lol.

I reserve judgement with this. One of TJ's biggest advantages was his cardio. He could throw more and harder punches without gassing. He could also train harder for longer putting him in better shape. What will the TJ that comes back look like in the cage? How much power will he have and how long can he keep up that pace he could fight at?

I'd have to see a fight from him to determine if his return will have any impact on the division to make it better.

Too far in the future to worry about how a ped cheat comes back, and if he’s clean.

Putting Dillashaw up against any top 5 opponent when he comes back would probably end up like Ngannou/Velasquez. Not a good idea, he should get a tune-up fight.

He's fighting in UFC 248 lol.
Confirmed? Didn't see him on the card I saw, unless he's put on a shit ton of weight and is fighting cannonier. Only just spotted Magny fight too, cards looking very strong to me.

Confirmed? Didn't see him on the card I saw, unless he's put on a shit ton of weight and is fighting cannonier. Only just spotted Magny fight too, cards looking very strong to me.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/sean-omalley-jose-quinonez-moved-to-ufc-248-las-vegas

Yup, it's confirmed. Here's the entire card, it's fucking STACKED. Better card than anything last year IMO if Till steps in against Cannonier.

Middleweight Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Yoel Romero
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili (c) vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Middleweight TBD vs. Jared Cannonier
Middleweight Derek Brunson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
Welterweight Neil Magny vs. Li Jingliang
Middleweight Rodolfo Vieira vs. Saparbek Safarov
Bantamweight Sean O'Malley vs. José Alberto Quiñónez
Lightweight Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
Welterweight Alex Oliveira vs. Max Griffin
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Deron Winn
Lightweight Mark Madsen vs. Austin Hubbard
Women's Strawweight Emily Whitmire vs. Polyana Viana
Featherweight Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Movsar Evloev
Bantamweight Danaa Batgerel vs. Guido Cannetti

I don't know why people say TJ has phenomenal fight IQ. The dude almost gets knocked out in almost all of his fights (in fact, he did get finished in his last fight). He's practically a brawler.

Seriously, look at all of his latest fights. I remember people used to say he is the greatest fighter in the UFC P4P and the most well-rounded, and that he is technically more skilled than anyone. I just never saw that - I saw a striker that likes to brawl, and with a relatively weak chin who relies on his fast recovery.

Have you watched the 1st Renan Barao fight? Or the John Lineker fight? Or even Cody 1, just the fact that he was able to change the way he was fighting and come out victories shows his high fight IQ. He knew Cody was going to launch that right hand when he steps in like he did in the 1st, so he pretended like he was going to step in, then went southpaw, got the outside angle and countered it with a right hook.

TJ is really aggressive so he gets caught sometimes, but he is also really technical. He always has a purpose behind everything he does. Every feint, every jab and every step he takes he is watching how you react so that he knows what to do next.

Last edited:

Basically a striker? He's a fantastic wrestler. He's hardly a brawler, watch his fights against Lineker and Assuncao. Hardly a brawler.

I'm still a TJ fan I don't care.. You get one steroid pop with me and I let it go, so get back in there TJ and go get the strap back.

A couple of years later and off the sauce. He may never be the same fighter again.

Im gutted. TJ was one of my favorite fighters. I cant be a fan right now.

It’d be a hell of a fight man. Don’t really care who wins I just wanna see them go at it tbh.
So many dream fights lost. I know this is not the thread for it but we lost Tony vs Eddie which should have happenee way back in 2016 but mcg swooped in and got the title shot.

Back