When Brock showed he had no standup

Looked comfortable against Hunt standing, didnt panic at all

He had standup

Rudimentary, but it was there.

his hands were quick for such a big man.

He wasnt no great striker but saying he had no standup isnt true. He just didnt have enough time to condition himself to become more than that. Grappling was always going to be his key to winning.

We know Brock is limited, but that dude had power and wrestling. Definitely not a bad HW champ in UFC's history

Plus he made Heath Herring do the barrel roll

tumblr_mejdeuXKaY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Also dropped Randy with a nice right to set up his finishing move, the Donkey Kong ground punches

brock-lesnar_randy-couture.gif
Still shocked randy held his own in the wrestling, considering the size and power difference. Yes I know randy was an Olympian or something.

Brock had Matt Hughes level basic striking. But he never trained getting punched in the face, it may have never happened to him before. Brock never got over getting tunnel vision when you get punched in the face. Matt was getting into fights with bigger guys, with Brock there were no bigger guys punching him in the face growing up.

Brock had Matt Hughes level basic striking. But he never trained getting punched in the face, it may have never happened to him before. Brock never got over getting tunnel vision when you get punched in the face. Matt was getting into fights with bigger guys, with Brock there were no bigger guys punching him in the face growing up.
I'd say Brock did actually show a bit more natural talent as a striker than Hughes, for a guy his size he had fairly fast hands and was agile enough to throw big knees as well, he was never likely to be some technical wizard but I think he could have been reasonably effective if he hadnt had such a poor mentality were as Hughes rarely crumbled mentally even when taking punishment standing.

I don't think his illness was the factor personally, the factor was he realised the power coming back at him and lost his nerve IMHO.

It was obvious he had no stand up pretty much from the beginning.

Didn't he have a stomach issue at this point

Not to mention that this was against peak ubereem. Not many people in history could deal with him.
Who cares? He had atomach issue because he took tons od roids, just like Gordon Ryan

Crazy thing is - this is not peak Ubereem. The one that was juiced to the gills in K1. As soon as he got to the UFC, he started shrinking. Probably due to more stringent testing. This Lesnar fight I think is his first in the UFC after he already started shrinking.

Back