When Brock showed he had no standup

That would be all of his fights, minus the one punch he threw at Herring, because Herring was being an idiot who thought a 300lb super athlete was just some pro-wrestler who couldn't hurt him.

Brock lived and died with his wrestling. He couldn't stand and bang with anyone who knew what the fuck they were doing/weren't taking his lunchbox fists lightly.
He stood and banged with Mir and dropped him twice in both fights. Hurt him bad in both fights

Who was that 1 person? Was it Pat Barry?

I know for a fact that Pat Barry helped Lesnar in one or two of Lesnar's training camps. Unless I'm mistaken, this era was when Pat Barry still had his own MMA fights to deal with.

Besides Pat Barry, the only assassin that I can think of is Tim Sylvia. Tim Sylvia said that he was in the same room with Lesnar and Tim insists that Lesnar absolutely despises being punched.

Tim Sylvia made it absolutely 100% clear that Lesnar can't withstand being hit.

scaled.0202_SPT_UFCPREV01_t653.jpg

Whenever I think of Lesnar and Tim Sylvia in the gym, this is the first image that appears in my mind. I still need to find a similar image of Lesnar and Pat Barry in the same photo.

The best thing would be if I could find a similar image with all three assassins in the same photo. Lesnar, Tim Sylvia, and Pat Barry.
He trained briefly with MFS early in his career. He was checking out different trainers and gyms. When he got into the UFC. He did his whole private camp thing in his backyard. I don’t believe he brought Big Tim into those camps. Correct me if I am wrong

He trained briefly with MFS early in his career. He was checking out different trainers and gyms. When he got into the UFC. He did his whole private camp thing in his backyard. I don’t believe he brought Big Tim into those camps. Correct me if I am wrong

I have no idea where or when that photo was taken. However, my animal instincts tell me that you're probably correct. The photo is probably from Lesnar's (brief) time in MFS.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that this photo was taken in Iowa. I know for a fact that Tim spent a lot of time in the state of Iowa.

As far as Tim is concerned, I know for a fact that he voiced his concerns about Lesnar still despising being punched by anyone.

On the other hand, Pat Barry had glowing reviews of Lesnar. He showed up in one or two of those UFC Countdown specials and they interviewed him.

Pat Barry often called Lesnar a damn monster. He had frightening stories to tell.

Pat Barry in UFC Countdown: My 70% is scary, but Lesnar is an absolute monster. I have to go to my 90% just to keep up with him, but I've got a feeling that he's only going at his 40%.

We know Brock is limited, but that dude had power and wrestling. Definitely not a bad HW champ in UFC's history

Plus he made Heath Herring do the barrel roll

tumblr_mejdeuXKaY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Also dropped Randy with a nice right to set up his finishing move, the Donkey Kong ground punches

brock-lesnar_randy-couture.gif
That was a nice hit but, lets not forget Herring started that fight by being poked in the eye by Dan Mirgliotta during the stare down.
And Randy was like what? 178 years old in that fight?. Im surprised he didn't explode into a cloud of dust and legal paperwork folded like origami into the shape of bats.

If ya go charging and windmilling around around a retirement ward beating up the elderly and disabled while juiced to the gills youre down to get a few kos.

Brock could not show his striking skills because of his illness we saw what happened to cain in their rematch when he was healthy!

Brock could not show his striking skills because of his illness we saw what happened to cain in their rematch when he was healthy!

Are you kidding? This message has to be a joke. The WWE organized Lesnar against Velasquez in their own event.

Vince and the WWE were 100% sure that Lesnar would eliminate Velasquez at WWE Crown Jewel 2019.

That was a nice hit but, lets not forget Herring started that fight by being poked in the eye by Dan Mirgliotta during the stare down.
And Randy was like what? 178 years old in that fight?. Im surprised he didn't explode into a cloud of dust and legal paperwork folded like origami into the shape of bats.

If ya go charging and windmilling around around a retirement ward beating up the elderly and disabled while juiced to the gills youre down to get a few kos.
His problem really though was he was not willing to let his hands go latter in his career when he knew opponents had the ability to throw back.

Realistically I think his best chance of beating guys like Cain and Ubereem was probably blasting them early in the fight, both of them were leaving themselves wide open standing.

His problem really though was he was not willing to let his hands go latter in his career when he knew opponents had the ability to throw back.

Realistically I think his best chance of beating guys like Cain and Ubereem was probably blasting them early in the fight, both of them were leaving themselves wide open standing.
Yup, he reacted very badly to incoming punches in his entire career, I even remember him turning away from incoming strikes. Offensive striking was not so much the problem even though he wasn't anywhere near good there either but at least he had power.

So losing to one of the greatest strikers to ever fight in that weightclass means you have no striking?

His best chance would have been to be a more well rounded fighter. He didn't have the skills to beat fighters he couldn't bully with his wrestling.

s5d1W.gif

Thank you for posting this epic gif. I'm rather certain that this is the exact gif that I was looking for.

I wish that I could give you 275 Sherdog Likes.

269024.jpg

Your current avatar is also wonderful. I can't choose between the two. They're both great.
I'm glad you enjoy them, bud. You're a man of taste

Back