• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When are we gonna get the conclusion on Jon Jones' sentence?

Jail is the answer. 90 days, and actually serve it. None of this "statutory release after 25 days" bullshit. If that's the case sentence him to 6 months and let him get released in 2. It doesn't take a long time in jail to make an impression on rich, privileged people, but it takes jail.

90 days would be quite nice

i hope thats how it goes, but im ofc quite doubtful

90 days would be quite nice

i hope thats how it goes, but im ofc quite doubtful

90 days seems realistic.

People need to realize, yes he committed a felony, and he ran from scene of crime, but its not as if he intended to do anything malicious. Yes it was stupid, but stupid and malicious (aka Aaron Hernandez) are different.

Interesting to note that Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer) went to jail a few years ago for 45 days, after his 2nd (or maybe 3rd lol) DUI. So if Jones was drunk, and ran, fearing a 2nd DUI,

Put it this way, He will be out of the UFC longer then the maximum sentence for his alleged charges.

90 days seems realistic.

People need to realize, yes he committed a felony, and he ran from scene of crime, but its not as if he intended to do anything malicious. Yes it was stupid, but stupid and malicious (aka Aaron Hernandez) are different.

Interesting to note that Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer) went to jail a few years ago for 45 days, after his 2nd (or maybe 3rd lol) DUI. So if Jones was drunk, and ran, fearing a 2nd DUI,

90 days seems fair. I think he will end up getting maybe a token 30 day sentence though.

Shit is going to take forever. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I didn't realize it was still pending. Judging by Sherdog I thought he was serving his first year of a 30 year sentence.

I'm supposing it can't just drag on forever, or can it?

Is there like a deadline for when the trial or whatever has to start?

Hope to see Jon Jon back in the cage, BACK in the cage, that is.

They have 60 days to go to a grand jury and indict him, from there he will either plea or take it to court. I think this is will be an obvious plea deal. I see maybe 6 months, even with a good lawyer. If he was smart he would have already checked into a rehab or at least join a group to show he's working on his problems.

They could be trying to workout a plea bargain as well. I got homies that have been in county jail for years on murder trails waiting to get sentenced just waiting and going through different plea bargain deals, not signing shit, taking it to trail etc...

Its gonna be a long long road for JJ. Good thing his situation isnt that bad. AT WORST hel go to jail for a few months, probation + rehab

at BEST he will pay a huge fine, his case will be transferred to drug courts, etc hel be back in the UFC by 2016

I don't think drug court applies, he's not being charged with a drug offense.

Probably all speculation until a judge decides what punishment fits the crime when he does see a judge.

Also, fuck you I'm not judicial system expert.

I think that the people expecting Jones to be back in the cage within 12 months will be disappointed.

The clock is already ticking and whatever his sentence ends up being, Jones will not be jumping into training camp immediately upon release and fighting two months later. I'm guessing that Jones is fighting minimum 18 months from now. DC will have several defenses by then. Get used to the idea.

His lawyer will stretch it out as long as possible I would guess...

That way, in the meantime, Jon can do some BS classes and crap like that. Also the longer they wait, the more it will have died down in the media. Seems like it is already forgotten about by many, and also there are many who dont even know.

All I know is if it was a Joe Blow, they would be f*cked...So there is a good chance the judge makes an example out of Jon too though. Im sure he will "donate" money somewhere as well to make judge happy. But, I really cant see him not doing some time in jail, if not a quick stint in the pen...A hit and run is bad, but with an injury to a victim at same time is far worse. And he also came back to crime seen before he ran again...

His lawyers could go to court asap, but I see this being stretched out though...

This is a guy with a DUI where he crashed and now this felony leaving the scene.

He's getting time for this.

In addition to other possibilities mentioned in this thread, here's another:
- Prosecutor announces charges before July (i.e. not waiting the full 90 days)
- Jones's lawyer, having anticipated the charges and done his research, negotiates a plea deal that involves minimum amount of jail time (between 6 and 9 months)
- Jones begins serving his sentence immediately
- Jones follows the rules and gets early supervised release (serving about 3 months)
- Jones begins training again and sets about repairing his public image

Thus, Jones could be back in action in as little as 4 months. I doubt Jones decides to go to trial. No competent defense attorney would advise Jones to go to trial unless the prosecutor simply refused to bargain.

Jones is gonna get off light and Sherdog is gonna be upset.

I've seen a case in the past where the responsible party in a hit and run that resulted in a death only got a few years probabtion.

Either youre lying, live in a country with a shit justice system or the person you saw was a highly connected individual. Almost all states in the US have a mandatory jail sentence for hit and run resulting in death. In CA you have to serve a minimum sentence of 90 days but no more than a year. The only way is if it got reduced to a misdemeanor but again, youre still looking at jail time.

I started out working as a public defender about 15 years ago and after 5 years I was brought on as a partner at a criminal defense firm. If this had happened in CA, jones would not do time if his record was squeaky clean. Being that he has a dui, he would serve at least 30 days in jail even if it got dropped to a misdemeanor plus probation. There are tons of witnesses in this case and also, they can add on charges any time they want. Look for them to make him plea to a dui, drug paraphenilia and hit and run. A lot of times they will tack on those charges to get you to plea guilty to a lesser sentence. I honestly think that because of all the evidence jones will do at least 90 days in jail but, they will usually give someone like him half time credits which means he would only do 45 days they could also choose not to give hime half time bc of his dui. If there werent so many witnesses and so much evidence id say he wouldnt do time but, if he were my client id tell him hes looking at at least a month in the slammer. Jones dui is what is gonna screw him.

Looks like that 24 hours in rehab worked wonders.

His lawyer will stretch it out as long as possible I would guess...

That way, in the meantime, Jon can do some BS classes and crap like that. Also the longer they wait, the more it will have died down in the media. Seems like it is already forgotten about by many, and also there are many who dont even know.

All I know is if it was a Joe Blow, they would be f*cked...So there is a good chance the judge makes an example out of Jon too though. Im sure he will "donate" money somewhere as well to make judge happy. But, I really cant see him not doing some time in jail, if not a quick stint in the pen...A hit and run is bad, but with an injury to a victim at same time is far worse. And he also came back to crime seen before he ran again...

His lawyers could go to court asap, but I see this being stretched out though...

I don't think Jones or his lawyer would want to drag this out. Jones may want to wait until outrage has "died down" to begin competing again, but he has every reason to get his legal troubles over with quickly.

Also, Jones does NOT want to take this to trial. I guarantee he will make a deal. His lawyers would have to be legally insane to try this at trial. The judge will probably give him a harsher sentence if he did that. There is way too much evidence for a trial. I am 100000 percent sure his lawyers are looking for a deal

In addition to other possibilities mentioned in this thread, here's another:
- Prosecutor announces charges before July (i.e. not waiting the full 90 days)
- Jones's lawyer, having anticipated the charges and done his research, negotiates a plea deal that involves minimum amount of jail time (between 6 and 9 months)
- Jones begins serving his sentence immediately
- Jones follows the rules and gets early supervised release (serving about 3 months)
- Jones begins training again and sets about repairing his public image

Thus, Jones could be back in action in as little as 4 months. I doubt Jones decides to go to trial. No competent defense attorney would advise Jones to go to trial unless the prosecutor simply refused to bargain.

With the amount of evidence they have the DA might not want to bargain. Ive seen it happen many times in CA when they have a really strong case. Who knows the judge may want to make an example out of jones for other celebrities

Back