When are we going to start the Mighty Mouse Dodson talk?

It's the constant negativity that gets parroted about him which hurts his Q score. That is why I roll my eyes at all these threads about the UFC needing stars or how Dana treats his fighters poorly. This fanbase does more to diminish fighters than any sleazy promoter could ever do.

Yep, a classic case of groupthink. The fact that BW doesn't receive the same amount of criticism from these size guys says a lot since many of the FLWs have competed at 135 and would still be pretty successful there. Conor is arguably the most popular fighter here although he is huge for the weight class.

Edit: That Ray Borg fight the other night was one of the most entertaining ground fights of recent memory. I'm typically partial to stand-up but that was a fun fight even if it was one-sided. What the lower divisions lack in power they usually make up for with amazing speed and cardio.

Last edited:
I haven't watched their first fight, should I? It's on Youtube (UFC channel)

I usually don't care about classes below FW but maybe I should give this one a try.

Yep, a classic case of groupthink. The fact that BW doesn't receive the same amount of criticism from these size guys says a lot since many of the FLWs have competed at 135 and would still be pretty successful there. Connor is arguably the most popular fighter here although he is big for the weight class.
I have seen it a lot in MMA. One instance that stands out the most is when Greg Jackson and his fighters were criticized for being boring. It was complete bullshit that was repeated so many times that it effectively became the truth despite being far from it.

I have seen it a lot in MMA. One instance that stands out the most is when Greg Jackson and his fighters were criticized for being boring. It was complete bullshit that was repeated so many times that it effectively became the truth despite being far from it.

Yep, I'm very familiar with that one too. I wasn't lurking on forums yet when the lower weight classes became a thing. Did the others receive a similar amount of criticism early on?

Yep, I'm very familiar with that one too. I wasn't lurking on forums yet when the lower weight classes became a thing. Did the others receive a similar amount of criticism early on?

Yep, featherweight and bantamweight were routinely shat on by some posters that are now McGregor nuthuggers. Pretty funny actually.

Yep, featherweight and bantamweight were routinely shat on by some posters that are now McGregor nuthuggers. Pretty funny actually.

I thought that was the case. Thanks for confirming. Hopefully in time flyweight will get more respect too.

giphy.gif

Assuming you are implying that flyweight fights are boring like I think you are, it's interesting that you chose the slowest mammal on earth considering flyweights are the fastest guys in mma.

Assuming you are implying that flyweight fights are boring like I think you are, it's interesting that you chose the slowest mammal on earth considering flyweights are the fastest guys in mma.

giphy.gif

Best fight in Fly history was MM vs Joe B for the initial belt

The Dodson fight had moments of great stuff but wasn't more exciting overall

Back