When 2 Fighters Face Off Just Before a Fight, Why Does the Ref Ask if They Have Any Questions?

brbjjjcy6ss11.jpg

Every time they ask that I'm reminded of Antonio Tarver's epic line against Roy Jones Jr, when he said: "I've got a question. You have any excuse for tonight Roy?"

Pretty badass

Tarver smashed him in that fight.
Really loved watching my older brother squirm when he had to pay me from our bet lol.

Coleman was on a steroid drip in the back lol.
dude back then Team Hammer house's regimen consisted of nothing but steroids and alpha male aggression, I can only imagine every decision made in that gym was decided via loud screaming and chest beating

They each are licensed, so should know the rules. The last minute questions are probably an opportunity for emergency doo doo break so they don't diarrhea the canvas.

so after both have made their entrances and are ready to do 1 fighter say's "i need a shit" and they give him a 10 minute dump break? what if he's constipated?

I noticed that just before the Kyoji/Patchy fight. Has any fighter in the history of the UFC ever asked a question? Why do some refs say that? What question could a fighter possibly ask?
So that fighters like Petr Yan can say, “Hey, is it cool to knee motherfuckers in the head when they’re down?”

And the ref can say, “Fuck no it’s not, don’t do that shit.”
Things like that.

Someone should just ask a really tricky MMA related question just to check if the ref knows his shit.

"So according to the unified MMA rules, what is the limit heigh that the canvas should be feet above the floor of the building? Because I feel this one might be a little to high."

Someone should just ask a really tricky MMA related question just to check if the ref knows his shit.

"So according to the unified MMA rules, what is the limit heigh that the canvas should be feet above the floor of the building? Because I feel this one might be a little to high."
The last part could very well prevent fight from happening. If ref really decides to check the safety of the cage and he is pretty much out of options, because if something happens and there are witnesses of fighter voicing a concern over safety of euqipment, it would be criminal negligence on ref's part

I don't think there's anything in the unified rules about how high off the ground the cage can be. I'm sure each athletic commission has its own safety regulations for that kind of stuff but no reason to think the ref would know that.

dude back then Team Hammer house's regimen consisted of nothing but steroids and alpha male aggression, I can only imagine every decision made in that gym was decided via loud screaming and chest beating

Lol@ loud screaming and chest beating...bet it was just like that.

Lol@ loud screaming and chest beating...bet it was just like that.
standard team hammer house meeting circa mid 2000s...little known fact what started this was a disagreement about whether jack3d is the best pre workout

standard team hammer house meeting circa mid 2000s...little known fact what started this was a disagreement about whether jack3d is the best pre workout

Dude im dying over here lmfao.
That seems about right sir lol

so after both have made their entrances and are ready to do 1 fighter say's "i need a shit" and they give him a 10 minute dump break? what if he's constipated?
Bout orders have been known to change.

Back