What's your single favorite band?

@fingercuffs as you're the expert on these kind of things, YT automatically picked Mazzy Star - Fade Into You - 10/2/1994 - Shoreline Amphitheatre after Radiohead - Creep was done playing.
I'm digging it. What's your verdict?

Fade into you is probably my favourite song of all time.

Metallica, I never really started to love music until I'd heard them, I just sort of liked music I guess. First heard For Whom the Bell Tolls live off the Woodstock CD when I was 14, changed my life, I'm 40 now and still a fanboy ha ha

In my experience Mexican people like all kinds of music especially rock and roll. I still don't understand where the polka beat came from. Maybe that's just Tejano and watching Johnny Canales. Selena's band, Los dinos used to warm up playing rock and metal stuff. Really cool, and shit got real when Selena would dance to it all chiflada.

the polka influence came from the germans who immigrated to mexico, and introduced the accordion, which was not known to mexicans until the german immigrants arrived. the combination of german and mexican music produced something profound.

jgkjj9k60fy0tmxmjb25.jpg

Outkast.

There are many bands among my favourites but Outkast are a clear number one for me.

My opinion has not changed since 2021. Still Maiden and Van Halen. Maiden made me realize how important bass can and should be with Harris' forward sounding rifs. Eddie changed the game. Casuals only know the hits, but they have 10 discs of great stuff. As I have grown older my tastes have widened from Hip Hop and Heavy Metal and Rock to also include Synth Pop and New Wave as well as some Country, and Pop. I can jam out to SKA, punk, EDM, Jazz, Hardcore, --really almost anything. But todays Trap mumble rap or female rap is horrid. I hear the monotone female rappers like Ice Spice or SZA and then hear the lyrics of Megan The Stallion or Cardi B and really have to turn it off fast.

Back