What's Your Retrospective Opinion Of Ronda Rousey?

Do you miss Honda Housey?

• Total voters

Buff

#FreeLeeMurray Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
They say WMMA is dying.

A couple of threads have appeared lately that got me reminiscing about the chick who made it all happen in the first place.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/only-one-ko-finish-in-wmma-this-year-so-far.4236104/

tx3jjp6ojdu81.jpg

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/colossal-wmma-kos-in-history.4236418/

Edit: Plus this one by @BFoe
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/let’s-review-rowdy-ronda’s-resume.4220168/#post-167024586

That statistic, only one KO this entire year is embarrassing... It wasn't supposed to be this way...

Ronda arrived as an absolute wrecking ball, and didn't disappoint... 14 fights, zero decisions, with only two fights making it out of the first round over her career - even Ngannou doesn't have that kind of finish rate. Its crazy... Part of the spectacle with Ronda was that she went all-in every time, frequently getting into danger before pulling a rabbit out of a hat finish...

Screenshot-20220422-010051-Samsung-Internet.jpg

A few gifs.

Almost getting choked then tapping Liz Carmoche:

WBqM7pj.gif

9SNB.gif

Destroying Miesha's arm

CxnV.gif

Wiping Sara McMann off the MMA map:

AGTg.gif

Improv vs (the criminally underrated) Cat Zingano
GreedyTalkativeKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

I7pwjrI.jpg

Beating the appendix out of Bethe

PpYu.gif

Holly Holm delivering some humility

evade-ronda-rousey.gif

RichWhimsicalLadybird-size_restricted.gif

Nunes bringing the curtain down forever.

ezgif.com-resize-15.gif

Ronda brought something unique. People loved her at first, then they hated her... But even then she was still selling fights - at the end everyone wanted her to get beaten, and it happened twice in spectacular fashion... There hasn't been anything close to the drama, buzz, and delivery on WMMA fights since.

Its not hard to imagine that without a major female star coming through soon that we will see less and less WMMA on the cards...

She looked ok back in the day too. Strikeforce Honda was TST.

7805374226_6fd419ec16_b.jpg

Wood.

She even got it on with Sherdog's favourite podcaster.

brendan-schaub-ronda-rousey.jpg

What's everyone's take now nearly 6 years on from her last fight? Has the dust settled onto a decent legacy, or did her entitled behavior pollute her memory forever?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Some interesting times for sure, but she will mostly be remembered as a crybaby and a bitch…she soiled her reputation..
I think this will be the overriding opinion... Which is crazy when you look at her record.

Imagine how much of an asshole you need to act like to be almost unanimously disregarded and hated by fans and peers alike despite having that record.

I think this will be the overriding opinion... Which is crazy when you look at her record.

Imagine how much of an asshole you need to aft like to be almost unanimously disregarded by fans and peers alike despite having that record.
I honestly think she was trying to sell fights so she became a bitch.

Imagine how much of an asshole you need to aft like to be almost unanimously disregarded by fans and peers alike despite having that record.

I think it just proves how irrational people are. I've seen posters shit themselves and act like fools over one deleted post in some random thread. Yet, they would have handled the end of Rhonda's career with a so much more maturity, lol. She bought into her own hype to the point that she became a caricature. It was hilarious, but posters constantly hold fighters to standards they would never apply to themselves.

I honestly think she was trying to sell fights so she became a bitch.
Part of me thinks that... And another part of me thinks that she was allowed to fester in that bad vibe she crested around herself by surrounding herself with "yes" men, not training with real fighters to keep her feet on the ground, and drinking the Kool Aid from the promo shit that Dana and Rogan were constantly pouring into her ear.

I miss her getting her head kicked off and face pushed in.

Please come back for one more fight.

The UFC can give her a custom made purple pillow to cry in after it's over.

Back