What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Anyone else interested in retro AR clones? Brownell's has one coming out based on Eugene Stoner's first design.

brn-proto-landingpage.png

If I was to ever do a retro build I'd want to do an early colt sbr. Personally not interested in the original stoner design.

I like the Colt model 607, 609, 610, 629.

20130513-000046.jpg

R%20retracted%20door%20open.jpg

R%20extneded%20dr%20open.jpg

A2JQ3Xj.jpg

Brownells almost has a 629 but they made it a longer barrel to avoid nfa.

My slide is snug even after a few years of light use (3000 rounds roughly over 4 years)...one might say it is tigher than a cat's arsehole. I got rid of my p226, which was a weapon I trusted and loved to shoot after purchasing the PPQ. So for me personally it means the PPQ is a fantastic weapon for my needs. I wouldn't want to carry it over a sig in the sand box (I'd want something i know works even if i am crawling or banging it off walls or dusty and crap), but for police/civilian use it is great.

Full disclaimer I choose 9mm over .40 and 45 because it is what I am used to, I KNOW I can smash a target without thinking with a 9mm but 40 and 45 would feel just a little different. Since I'm not at a range much it makes 9mm desirable to me. So I've no clue how the PPQ handles in those calibers.

It does sound like a quality control issue, either you got unlucky or I got lucky haha. Were these weapons previously used or owned or brand new? If it were me I'd find some people selling used in your area so you can handle them.

I'm cheap. $479 was the best price I could find. Local Gun shops want $570+ Two of those I looked at in Local shops were Cow Pussies! Oddly the Glock 45s I saw next to them had grand canyon sloppage as well. I thought maybe it was the norm(?) After searching online i decided perhaps they are supposed to be loose, (forums seem to say so) but then I saw a buddy's gun he bought a couple years ago at Cabelas. That one had a terrifically tight barrel, and a fantastic trigger for a plastic gun. I hear they're supposed to be good shooters, but something as loose as an AK usually is not.

Anyway being a degenerate, If Walther will take it back like they claim here, I'm willing to try.
https://shootitloveitbuyit.com/

I hear ya on the 9mm. Hits are all that counts.

I'm cheap. $479 was the best price I could find. Local Gun shops want $570+ Two of those I looked at in Local shops were Cow Pussies! Oddly the Glock 45s I saw next to them had grand canyon sloppage as well. I thought maybe it was the norm(?) After searching online i decided perhaps they are supposed to be loose, (forums seem to say so) but then I saw a buddy's gun he bought a couple years ago at Cabelas. That one had a terrifically tight barrel, and a fantastic trigger for a plastic gun. I hear they're supposed to be good shooters, but something as loose as an AK usually is not.

Anyway being a degenerate, If Walther will take it back like they claim here, I'm willing to try.
https://shootitloveitbuyit.com/

I hear ya on the 9mm. Hits are all that counts.

As well as the inaccuracy I hate the noise loose parts make, I have refused to use camelbacks for the same reason...when you drink some the water bladder begins to make noise hiking etc lol.

I detest looseness on my weapon parts and my women. (my wife had c-sections) tenor-93877681.gif

Anyone else interested in retro AR clones? Brownell's has one coming out based on Eugene Stoner's first design.
I'm interested in the retro AR clones, but I'm not a buyer. If they were priced in the $600-700 range I would be a lot more interested. Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but I can't pay a premium for a basic run of the mill AR with some brown furniture. Plus, I'm not a huge AR history buff so I'm sure a lot of the minute details would go unnoticed by me.

How long was the barrel on the 629? I'm guessing 10.3 or 11.5 inches. This one is roughly 12.

11.5" is for the XM177E2. The XM177E1 is 10".

Brownells is 12.7" to avoid nfa.

I've looked at building a clone before. The moderator if they come up for sale is like $1750 (+200 for tax stamp) and is classified as a suppressor even though it barely suppresses. It's just too spendy for me to build a retro toy. But if I were to ever build a retro that would be it. I'd probably try to find all orginal parts just to have but for actual use the stock, internals and barrel would be new.

This is an interesting product. Black Collar Arms Pork Sword. Takes a 700 action. Kit available in barrels from 6.5" to 12.5 in calibers 300 black, 458 socom and 308.

https://blackcollararms.com/product/pistol-build-kit/
F57F03DE-55AF-4104-A73D-833DF1FD4940.jpeg

20190127_173832-01-1024x1024.jpg

20190127_173745-01-1024x1024.jpg
Pork-Sword-Pistol-FDE-Left.jpg

I imagine that they would be brutal to shoot without a suppressor. If the weight isn't too bad something like this could make for a really good backpack gun in the backcountry. Definitely an interesting product.

I imagine that they would be brutal to shoot without a suppressor. If the weight isn't too bad something like this could make for a really good backpack gun in the backcountry. Definitely an interesting product.

In 308 or 458 absolutely.

A 300 black with supers or subs suppressed would be fantastic as a backpack gun.

@bushman505 do you have an experience with the Leupold B-X4 Pro guide hd's?

Dvor has the 12x50 10x42 and 8x42 for around $440-465.

Also that backpack gun kit ^ above may interest you.

@bushman505 do you have an experience with the Leupold B-X4 Pro guide hd's?

Dvor has the 12x50 10x42 and 8x42 for around $440-465.

Also that backpack gun kit ^ above may interest you.

I’ve never used those binos but I wouldn’t hesitate. I have used s lot of leupold products over the years and never had a negative experience. In fact, the vx3i and vx5hd are probably 2 of my favorite scopes ever, I have some leupolds which at this point are approaching 15 years old and my dad has some much older ones and never a problem. They have a solid warranty as well.

It’s gotten popular to bash leupold by comparing lighter leupold hunting scopes to over built dialing scopes like SWFA and night force but that’s all it is, a popularity contest.

I’ll say this, if I’m buying a scope with the intention of target shooting and I’m planing to dial it all the time and reset it to zero constantly and all that, I wouldn’t choose a leupold product. For everything else, I’ve been more than happy with my leupold stuff.

Back