Television Whats your favourite documentary?

View attachment 1059713I actually had the og version of this on VHS when it originally came out . Dvd is much better cuz it has a ton of extra content like follow up interviews and whatnot .
I remember being around through the era this was made in and talking to the guy who was putting it together. Haha we were always badgering the dude cuz it took forever to come out but it was a good film . It was interesting to see all the different groups involved in this film and how they approached things .
Hardcore music was such a different thing pre internet and whatnot . I miss those days .

not the worlds hardest music, but this looks interesting.

So many great ones.

The West Memphis Three (Paradise Lost)
The Decline of Western Civilization (Part 1 is Punk, Part 2 is Metal)
Abducted in Plain Sight (Batshit crazy unbelievable stuff)
American Nightmare (Same as above, crazy shit)

The_Wild_and_Wonderful_Whites_of_West_Virginia_poster.jpg

MV5BMjIwNDAxMTY4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyMTQ1Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Well it is almost 30 years old at this point .

though even then, there was speed and thrash metal. if we're talking late 80's, death metal had already been out. but hardcore was still extreme music for the time. don't mean to knock on the music-itself.

too many to name, I like docus way more than I like feature films but some off the top of my head:

Spike Lee's when the levees broke and Jim Brown: All american.
Somewhere Between about chinese girls adopted by loving parents in the us.
A million music docus on everyone from Elvis, to the Beatles To Michael Jackson and Prince. Even tupac although I'm no fan of rap.

On YouTube: Lemmy

Outside of that: Roadrunner: The Anthony Bourdain story
is lemmy the lemmy from the beatles?

Roadrunner was very good. Poor guy just had an addictive personality that finally burned him out.

I just watched "Crossing the Line" about US soldiers who defected to North Korean in the 60s, but filmed in 2006.

Insane.

Back