• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Your #1 Favorite Film and Why?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
If you had to pick only one movie as your personal favorite film, what would you give the #1 spot, and why?

Maybe Road House for action, boobs, buns, hero's deadly rival.

Maybe Clue, maybe Point Break, maybe Men At Work.

The Belly of an Architect.

Yes, it could be perceived as artsy-fartsy and pretentious, but it still affected me like no other movie. Perfect combination of story, beautiful visuals and music.

Increasingly ill defined over time but maybe Blade Runner, Andrei Rublev or Once Upon A Time In America? I spose you can draw a bit of a common thread between them, all incredibly good looking atmospheric films with lots of wallowing in regret, subtle central performance and a lot drama gotten across by the visuals.
The Belly of an Architect.

Yes, it could be perceived as artsy-fartsy and pretentious, but it still affected me like no other movie. Perfect combination of story, beautiful visuals and music.
Got around to watching it recently and definitely enjoyed it but I admit I still prefer The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, feels like it takes some of the harshness out of things by having more drama and humour.
Penis in my bum

Part 2
Home movie?

Last edited:
Boogie Nights. The women, the music, the drugs. It's got a great story. A world class director. Awesome cast. Plus, it's a guaranteed fuck film.

JAWS_PCC_MAIN_1024x1024.jpg

If you had to pick only one movie as your personal favorite film, what would you give the #1 spot, and why?

There's no way that I can narrow it down to just one favorite film.
I'm a lifelong horror film fan & I can't even narrow it down to one favorite film in that genre as I've got too many & my opinion can change from day to day or mood to mood.
So, the best I can do is list a few of my favorite films with a few brief words about it. These are in no particular order.

BLACK SUNDAY - Mario Bava's masterpiece is literally the first film that I can remember watching in its entirety. I was five years old at the time that I saw it on a late-night horror movie showcase called Fright Night Theater & it made me love genre movies for life.

ENTER THE DRAGON - This is the most influential movie of my life as it inspired my 13-year-old self to begin studying martial arts which eventually lead to boxing as an amateur & then turning pro. The movie completely changed my life.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON - One of those rare movies that I never seem to get tired of watching.

THE RAID - Another one that I never get tired of watching. It's a pure adrenaline dump of a movie that I'm always almost physically spent after watching.

FAT CITY - It's my favorite boxing movie by far. The original ROCKY is up there too but FAT CITY is much more realistic in its portrayal of what a lot of fighter's lives are like.

HORROR HOTEL - Another old B&W classic from 1960 just like BLACK SUNDAY.

THE NIGHT COMES FOR US - Much like THE RAID, it's non-stop action from the beginning to the end. And like THE RAID, it also stars Iko Uwais.

EATEN ALIVE - I was going to list Tobe Hooper's much better known earlier film TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE but everyone knows about that classic already. So, I've decided to mention his often overlooked follow-up film instead. The events are just as horrific but the big difference is that EATEN ALIVE actually has protagonists that the viewer cares about so that when awful things happen to them it really hits home.

FLASHPOINT - This is my favorite Donnie Yen film. It has fantastic fight scenes throughout but the final battle is just awesome.

I SAW THE DEVIL - My favorite Korean film is a hybrid of action & horror.

PRINCE OF DARKNESS - Again, director John Carpenter is much better known for the original 1978 HALLOWEEN but rather than go with the expected I'm going with POD. A far darker & scarier film IMO.

PHENOMENA - My favorite Dario Argento film. A mix of his classic giallo films & the supernatural.

I'll leave my list at a dozen for now.

One is really difficult. I can narrow down to 10+ films that I'm willing to watch repeatedly.

But just to accommodate this thread and going by my feeling today, I'll probably pick Se7en. Good plot, good dialogue; especially the John Doe Rant at the backseat of the car.

There's no way that I can narrow it down to just one favorite film.
I'm a lifelong horror film fan & I can't even narrow it down to one favorite film in that genre as I've got too many & my opinion can change from day to day or mood to mood.
So, the best I can do is list a few of my favorite films with a few brief words about it. These are in no particular order.

BLACK SUNDAY - Mario Bava's masterpiece is literally the first film that I can remember watching in its entirety. I was five years old at the time that I saw it on a late-night horror movie showcase called Fright Night Theater & it made me love genre movies for life.

ENTER THE DRAGON - This is the most influential movie of my life as it inspired my 13-year-old self to begin studying martial arts which eventually lead to boxing as an amateur & then turning pro. The movie completely changed my life.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON - One of those rare movies that I never seem to get tired of watching.

THE RAID - Another one that I never get tired of watching. It's a pure adrenaline dump of a movie that I'm always almost physically spent after watching.

FAT CITY - It's my favorite boxing movie by far. The original ROCKY is up there too but FAT CITY is much more realistic in its portrayal of what a lot of fighter's lives are like.

HORROR HOTEL - Another old B&W classic from 1960 just like BLACK SUNDAY.

THE NIGHT COMES FOR US - Much like THE RAID, it's non-stop action from the beginning to the end. And like THE RAID, it also stars Iko Uwais.

EATEN ALIVE - I was going to list Tobe Hooper's much better known earlier film TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE but everyone knows about that classic already. So, I've decided to mention his often overlooked follow-up film instead. The events are just as horrific but the big difference is that EATEN ALIVE actually has protagonists that the viewer cares about so that when awful things happen to them it really hits home.

FLASHPOINT - This is my favorite Donnie Yen film. It has fantastic fight scenes throughout but the final battle is just awesome.

I SAW THE DEVIL - My favorite Korean film is a hybrid of action & horror.

PRINCE OF DARKNESS - Again, director John Carpenter is much better known for the original 1978 HALLOWEEN but rather than go with the expected I'm going with POD. A far darker & scarier film IMO.

PHENOMENA - My favorite Dario Argento film. A mix of his classic giallo films & the supernatural.

I'll leave my list at a dozen for now.
Pick one.

Falling Down is my favorite movie with Terminator 2 and Out For Justice sitting at 2A and 2B and Bloodsport sitting comfortably at #3(or 4?).

Last edited:
Pick one.

If I had to choose only one film it would have to be ENTER THE DRAGON simply because of the massive impact that it had on my life. It resulted in over 50 fights, two black belts & a career in pro boxing outside the ring once I'd retired as well. Plus, of course, it's a damn good movie that I never get tired of watching.

Back